PDA

View Full Version : Unable to find info on airbag code

BorisUK
13-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Hi All. First post so be gentle. I've searched and searched the forum but still can't find an answer. I've even tried to install the software from EOBD II Error Codes (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?97964-EOBD-II-Error-Codes) but I cant get it to run on my laptop.

Anyway I bought a 2010 Golf Plus a couple of weeks ago and after about a week the airbag light came on. My mate is a service manager for a fleet operator and borrowed a Autodiagnos Multi Tester Pro Autodiagnos Multi Tester Pro | Autodiagnos (http://www.autodiagnos.com/products/autodiagnos-multi-tester-pro) from his work and it could read the airbag error but somewhat surprisingly it it just gave a number where normally you get a full text description of the sensor that triggered the fault.

Anyway the text displayed was
6BFF Unknown Component (13845)

Lower down on the display is

Anyway we cleared the code and it worked for a few days but today after washing and vacuuming the car the light came on again. I suspect the wiring to the seat as I gather it's relatively common but can anyone shed some light on what the codes above actually point to?

Thanks

Doctle Odd
13-08-2014, 09:00 PM
I think you should scan it with something else, VCDS is good. A lot of OBD scanners have problems with VAG motors

Doctle Odd
13-08-2014, 09:09 PM
I looked at the Autodiagnos website and checked coverage for that tool. That tool only works on Golf Plus up to 2006 here's a link to the coverage PDF http://www.autodiagnos.com/sites/default/files/Mt-Pro-Coverage%20Latest%20Coverage.pdf

BorisUK
13-08-2014, 09:14 PM
That's excellent detective work there Doctle Odd.

I see there is a list of members on the forum with VCDS and a couple are near me (Edinburgh). What is the best way to get in touch with one and see if they can do a scan for me. Is it just a case of PMing them. I don't want to appear to be taking advantage with me being new here

Doctle Odd
13-08-2014, 09:18 PM
You need 10 sensible posts before contacting a member. If you look on moderator Chris_A6's signature there's a map of members with VCDS. If he's in a good mood he will probably put you in touch with a member close to you. Bring beer!

BorisUK
13-08-2014, 09:22 PM
You need 10 sensible posts before contacting a member. If you look on moderator Chris_A6's signature there's a map of members with VCDS. If he's in a good mood he will probably put you in touch with a member close to you. Bring beer!

I better get posting then. Not sure what I can post about as I'm new to VW ownership despite driving for 30odd years but I'll see where I can make a sensible contribution rather than posting for the sake of it.

And beer is a currency I recognise :)

Doctle Odd
13-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Chris is a really nice bloke he's the forum mod

BorisUK
13-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Chris is a really nice bloke he's the forum mod

Haha Flattery will get you everywhere

Doctle Odd
13-08-2014, 09:38 PM
He's a truck driver I imagine he's quite a big bloke flattery would get me flattened :1zhelp: