PDA

View Full Version : De selecting sports suspension

Cultivate
12-08-2014, 09:26 PM
I am coming from a BMW 330d M Sport (sorry for swearing but I did have a sweet A5 before this) anyway, it's obviously quite a hard ride with sports suspension and the dreaded run flats, and I'm sick of the hard ride! It's like my teeth are gonna come out when going over most UK a roads!

Anyway, i am about to order a MY2015 black edition 3.0 biTurbo with 20" blade wheels (like the RS7 has :biglaugh:) and have de selected the stiffer sports suspension - has anyone had experience with this? In reality, I prefer a comfy ride over a stiffer one, but I also don't want to be driving a blamange around either!

If anyone has experience with this or comment on the ride of the s sline/black edition with 20/21" wheels?

Scott K
12-08-2014, 10:11 PM
I would get a test drive. I tried one with the 20" wheels and it felt okay to me. I eventually went for 18" wheels but wish I had gone for 19" now. The 20" would have been fine but on our roads it would be silly and I also do quite high miles.

soft
13-08-2014, 07:56 AM
If you can, you should go for the air suspension, that will let you select comfort/sport level

Cultivate
13-08-2014, 08:00 AM
I looked at that but A £2k option though and once I've decided I'll probably only switch it over once...

M1tchy
13-08-2014, 03:47 PM
I have a BiTDI A7 with 20" wheels and the ride is brilliant. Wife has an A5 with 18" wheels and we both think mine is substantially more comfortable but by no means a blancmange. A test drive would be the best idea to get your own thoughts as everyone is different but I think you will be happy with standard suspension on 20" wheels.

Cultivate
13-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Bang on, thanks!

Ordered today:

MY2015 Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI quattro 320 PS tiptronic 8 speed
Exterior
Glacier White, metallic
Interior
Lunar silver/Black/Black/Black
Options
Adaptive cruise control (ACC) with braking guard, Audi side assist and Audi
active lane assist with pre-sense plus
Ambient lighting
Convenience Pack
Delete engine tech designation
Electric slide-and-tilt sunroof
Parking Pack Advanced
Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated with memory
function
20" x 9J '5-spoke-blade' design alloy wheels with 265/35 R20 tyres
Speed limit display
Technology package - Advanced

Arrives 2nd week in Oct.

BOOM!

K3ITH
13-08-2014, 05:24 PM
A great spec, you will love it and not too long to wait.

I found this website useful - Audi Video Help & Tutorials | Audi USA (http://www.audiusa.com/help/video-tutorials#dtufilters/vehicleYear/null/vehicleName/null/vehicleTutorial/all/) - Lots of tutorials for your new gadgets!

I also got a Three Mobile 3GB (3 Month) Sim Card from Amazon Three Mobile Broadband Ready to Go3GB Preloaded Data: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mobile-Broadband-Preloaded-MicroSIM-Tablets-White/dp/B00AA7JWXY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407946341&sr=8-1&keywords=three+3g+3gb) - The MY14 uses a Standard Size Sim, you may need to check if that has changed on the MY15 - I see the MY15 offers a lot more internet based applications than MY14

I then set my MY14 to use my mobile phone for calls and the Three Mobile Sim for Data - Perfect for Google Maps and Audi Connect etc.

M1tchy
13-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Cracking spec! Let me know how the matrix beam lights are!

Jim Walker
13-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Great spec enjoy your car when it arrives. Also that is a quick delivery you managed to get.

bingodingo
13-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Spec sounds very nice indeed. I think the 2015 can use 4G if available for maps etc so it will be a challenge trying to find a good data only sim bundle, but it looks like 3 do some good deals. I will hopefully place an order for an Ultra Sline model soon and it would be very nice if it turned up that quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cultivate
13-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys, good advice re Sim hopefully 4G will work a treat. Just found out my delivery slot has been bumped for some reason by Audi from mid October to mid December, noooo! They are trying to bring it forward, but looks like it will be delayed. Apparently Audi are inundated with orders....

M1tchy
14-08-2014, 08:30 PM
I wish I'd had the patience to wait a year for mine! :-(

Cultivate
15-08-2014, 11:16 AM
I'm not sure I do have the patience to be honest! Hopefully it will come sooner than December, my poor white car on dirty, salty roads... :-(