PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between Lighting Package and Ambient Lighting?

Cultivate
12-08-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm about to place an order tomorrow (Wednesday) for a new MY2015 A7 Black Edition 3.0 Bi Turbo in white, 20' blade wheels (yummy) - and I had a question about the two lighting packages as options. The dealer is unsure also...

My question is what is the difference between the two?

If you read the below - it's quite confusing! I also cannot spec them BOTH on the dealer configurator it has to be one or the other - help!

I need to place the order by 9am tomorrow to get my delivery slot. The Ambient Lighting is more expensive (£550 vs £250) so I would have thought it has everything that the Lighting Package has plus more - but its not very clear on the description....

Your expertise is much appreciated!

Lighting package (OPTION £250) Interior includes entrance lighting and LED lighting for front footwell, inside door handles, vanity
mirror lights and centre console storage compartment. Also includes ambient lighting for the centre console and ambient
reflected light for interior door trim. Exterior includes courtesy lighting under the door handles and LED-illuminated
handle recess for easy entry in the dark (automatically activated when the doors are unlocked)

Ambient lighting (OPTION £550). Including anti-glare illumination for the passenger compartment with LED technology. Lighting for
door pockets, footwells and inside door handles, reflected lighting for centre console and door inner panels to help
occupants find their way around. Surround lighting for centre console (floating effect), make-up lights at front and active
door reflectors, with illuminated door sill trims (please note this will delete S line or S7 logo). Configured via MMI System

M1tchy
12-08-2014, 01:01 PM
I have the lighting package and it has the lights mentioned above but they were all halogen bulbs (except the footwell and door strips) I think the expensive package is all LED which looks 1000 times nicer bit you can change all the bulbs yourself (like I did) for about £30 and 10 mins of your time.

K3ITH
12-08-2014, 03:20 PM
The 2014 model says the Ambient Light is in addition to the interior Lighting Package - I would guess the 2015 model would be similar...

Interior and exterior lighting package
exterior: courtesy lighting on the underside of the
door handles and door handle lighting in LED technology
to facilitate entry and exit in the dark; automatically
activated when the doors are unlocked; includes
active internal door reflectors
interior: entrance lighting. Using LED technology:
front footwell, inside door handles, make-up lights,
storage compartment in the centre console, ambient
lighting of the centre console, ambient reflected light
for inside door trims

Ambient lighting
additional to the interior and exterior lighting package,
anti-glare illumination for the passenger compartment
in LED technology. 2 reading lights at front
and rear, lighting for door pockets, footwells and inside
door handles, reflected lighting for centre console
and door inner panels to help occupants better orient
themselves. Surround lighting for centre console
(floating effect), make-up lights at front and active
door reflectors, with illuminated door sill trims. Configured
via MMI

K3ITH
12-08-2014, 09:03 PM
My MY14 has Ambient Lighting...

It looks very cool - Brightness can be adjusted in MMI

Footwell, Door Pocket, Upper Door and Down light from the Gear Tunnel Cover...
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz328/keith-photo/A002_zps7f33ef7a.jpg (http://s840.photobucket.com/user/keith-photo/media/A002_zps7f33ef7a.jpg.html)

Footwell Door Pocket and Upper Door...
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz328/keith-photo/A001_zps156a553f.jpg (http://s840.photobucket.com/user/keith-photo/media/A001_zps156a553f.jpg.html)

Cultivate
12-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Yes that looks very cool! Do you get the exterior lights under the door handles outside when you unlock the car?

K3ITH
12-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Yes, there are what appear to be LED's under the door handles but they don't illuminate (maybe a setting in MMI)

The tread-plates also illuminate

Good luck with placing your order!

M1tchy
13-08-2014, 03:50 PM
I like the look of that! My door handle LEDs illuminate when it's dark so you can see the door handles and then puddle lights in the bottom of the doors when you open them.

jcdub
09-09-2014, 10:46 PM
I just took delivery of a UK 2013 A6 C7 2.0 TDI S Line. I noticed the red LEDs at the rear view mirror. front and rear foot well lighting, puddle lighting in the bottom of the doors and red leds in the interior door handles. So do I have an ambient lighting pack? Would have really liked the lighting in the door cards ! Also I don't have any ambient light adjustment showing in the MMI ��

jcdub
10-09-2014, 12:39 AM
Mods could you please move this post to the A6 C7 forum if its possible..
Cheers

I just took delivery of a UK 2013 A6 C7 2.0 TDI S Line. I noticed the red LEDs at the rear view mirror. front and rear foot well lighting, puddle lighting in the bottom of the doors and red leds in the interior door handles. So do I have an ambient lighting pack? Would have really liked the lighting in the door cards ! Also I don't have any ambient light adjustment showing in the MMI ��