PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Help!!

dieselal
20-09-2007, 10:12 AM
My car was binding ns front and os rear wheels until they all siezed on. To free them , I turned off the engine and repeatedly pumped the brake pedal. However now the pedal almost touches the floor before efficient braking and sometimes it is normal? I was topping up with brake fluid now and again ( a liitle more fluid than it should have been ) but no visible leaks. I took the car to VW yesterday and my mate there scanned it and was not 100% sure what to replace, He thinks it maybe ABS , I am going to change the master cylinder and servo as the fluid has to have gone somewhere and this seems to explain the pedal as master cylinder works corner to corner.

If anyone has acces to vag codes, this is what came up when my car was scanned:
1 TROUBLE CODE DETECTED?

01435 035
BRAKE PRESSURE SENDER 1 -G201

SPORADIC

010.02 - READ MEASURING BLOCK

DISPLAY GROUP 5

0.54 /S
0.7 bar
0.19 m/s2

Crasher
20-09-2007, 02:10 PM
That fault code is indicated as being sporadic by the 035 and can be generated by a brake pedal not returning correctly to the brake light switch, such as when the servo is faulty like I have suggested in the other post. These are the official VAG reasons.

01435 Brake pressure sender -G201

Reasons for code.

The brake light switch is either incorrectly adjusted or incorrectly installed

Open circuit in signal wire of brake pressure sender -G201

Short to positive/earth in signal wire of brake pressure sender -G201

Brake pressure sender -G201 defective

Open circuit in one of the voltage supply wires of the brake pressure sender -G201

Control unit -J104 defective

ESP hydraulic pump -V156 has been activated and does not build up pressure between 2 bar and 30 bar in brake master cylinder.

Brake master cylinder defective

Brake servo defective

Short to positive in voltage supply

Short to earth in voltage supply.

kaygolf
03-11-2007, 02:01 PM
That fault code is indicated as being sporadic by the 035 and can be generated by a brake pedal not returning correctly to the brake light switch, such as when the servo is faulty like I have suggested in the other post. These are the official VAG reasons.

01435 Brake pressure sender -G201

Reasons for code.

The brake light switch is either incorrectly adjusted or incorrectly installed

Open circuit in signal wire of brake pressure sender -G201

Short to positive/earth in signal wire of brake pressure sender -G201

Brake pressure sender -G201 defective

Open circuit in one of the voltage supply wires of the brake pressure sender -G201

Control unit -J104 defective

ESP hydraulic pump -V156 has been activated and does not build up pressure between 2 bar and 30 bar in brake master cylinder.

Brake master cylinder defective

Brake servo defective

Short to positive in voltage supply

Short to earth in voltage supply.
The code showing on my 1.6 SE FSI VAGCom diagnosis log is 01435 012 - I see from the above what 01435 means, but does anyone know what the 012 signifies? I've been told that I need a new ABS Unit (J104), yet the ABS light isn't on, only the ESP light in amber (and the ESP is switcheed off). When I've looked at the battery the magic eye is clear, but shows as fully charged on a test - the battery has been run flat in the past but jump started.
In view of the comments that the code may be caused by shorts in voltage supply could that be causing or just indicating the problems with ABS?
Any suggestions gratefully received as I have the last 3 diagnosis logs but am clueless about cars!
Thank you

Crasher
03-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Kay, can you PM me your chassis number.

Crasher
08-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Your car has the Mk60 ABS system and the fault “012” part of the fault code means fault in the electrical circuit but should be followed by 001 Sporadic fault, 096 Static fault or 032 Sporadic fault. The Usual cause is the brake pedal switch.

kaygolf
12-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the info on code 012. All it says is:

1 Fault(s) detected
01435 012
Sender 1 for brake booster -G201-
fault in electrical circuit

That's it - no mention of sporadic or static faults!

Crasher
12-11-2007, 10:42 PM
I suggest you have the brake pedal switch replaced first. The lack of the numbers following the code is not unusual for systems other than VAG-COM or VW’s own.

rogerbagg
11-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi,

You have the common problem with the ATE TEVES MK60 ABS system that we see all the time, the problem is with the pressure sensor that is internal to your ABS block. The pressure sensor is sealed within the block so is impossible to replace on its own so the whole ABS block normally needs to be replaced at a cost of well over £1000.00 from the main delaer. I work for a company in Nottingham that can solve this problem. We are seeing about 6 - 10 of these units coming in a day to be refurbished. If you want further info then you can have a look at the website here: http://www.ecutesting.com/vw_golf_touran_abs_pump_module.html