PDA

View Full Version : Black editon with problems :(

Hedges
07-08-2014, 09:15 AM
Hi Guys,

New to the site...... finally signed up today:)

I have some questions about my b8 2011 a4.

Are there commons water leaks? my front window always seems to steam up as soon as i put the heating on? cant sem to locate a leak or wet patches within the car, but the car as the other describes it feels damp :-/

Also have the common front door rattle, tryed silicon spray which didnt seem to make much difference, any other suggestions? is it worth trying Gummi Pflege Rubber Care Stick?

Many thanks
Hedges

Eshrules
07-08-2014, 09:32 AM
are you running the climate on econ?

Hedges
07-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Yes i am....... dont use air con a great deal......

Eshrules
07-08-2014, 10:32 AM
that's the problem ;)

try running the climate with the aircon on, I suspect your steamy windows will disappear.

If they don't, you need to investigate the many known sources of water in the system - blocked drainholes and check the condition of your pollen filter.

Hedges
07-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Briliant thanks Eshrules......

simple fix hopefully:D

rafletcher
07-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Yes i am....... dont use air con a great deal......

And if you persist in this, the compressor will seize and when you do need it it will fail - the refrigerant acts as lubricant n the seals, and he air-con needs to be run to keep things healthy.

Kar Krazy
07-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Also have the common front door rattle, tryed silicon spray which didnt seem to make much difference, any other suggestions? is it worth trying Gummi Pflege Rubber Care Stick?

Hi and welcome to the site!

The Gummi Pflege is the best I've tried, but wears off after few weeks. Easy enough to re-apply, and it seems to last longer after each application. Still plenty in the bottle as well!

My doors weren't rattling until I stupidly did what it said on the Auto Glym rubber care spray the dealer included with the Lifeshine treatment. Car wax didn't stop the rattles - only Gummi Pflege does it for my car.

Hedges
07-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Thanks Kar Krazy, ill give it ago...... fingers crossed, it sound like a rattle coming from the top of the door/pillar though :confused: