PDA

View Full Version : Discover Pro + iPod?

Erling
06-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Hi, new member with Golf SV - got it 4 hours ago. :-)

When I connect iPod or iPhone with USB it says "error with device". Not sure about the message in English since my car is Norwegian. ;)

The salesman asked a technician as well, they gave up and said it probably wasn't supported, with a "yet".

Any other SV owners in here? I'm hoping this is a setting which makes it possible to use my iPod in this beautiful new car.

In 2014 this should be possible.

Thanks in advance.

Erling from Norway

thorne
06-10-2014, 09:22 PM
When I got mine, there were 2 media cables for iphone and ipod. Do you have the media connector in the pop-up stowage in front of the gear lever? Mine has a soft pad in it for my phone, apparently there is an aerial enhancer under it to improve phone signal. Bluetooth works very well - suggesting the enhancer works fine! Instead of ipod, I use a 32gb SD card which fits in one of the slots in the glove box - the other slot if for the nav SD.

M1tchy
06-10-2014, 09:44 PM
It won't work if you connect the iPod via USB, you need to use the MMI cable with an iPod dock on the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erling
07-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Thanks to both of you.

I only have the USB-port, with Discover Pro the MMI cable isnīt possible according to the Norwegian pricelist. It says that you can connect your iPod/iPhone through USB.

Do you have the Discover Pro - or the standard device?

I also use a hard drive, but it doesnīt have "iTunes" where I add all my music and just updates the iPod.

PS: VW in Norway is still working with this - itīs 2 months now...

Erling