PDA

View Full Version : Question Wing and sill protection

Boy
05-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Shortly after having both front wings replaced under warranty, I had a very nice new A6 loan car from my dealer during some service work. I noticed that the A6 had clear plastic adhesive panels over the lower part of the front wings and cill front ends. The dealer said that they cannot supply these separately. Does anyone know different, or have a source of this strong adhesive film which might be cut to fit? I should like to protect my nice new wings and cills from stone chips.

big_bird
06-08-2014, 10:39 AM
There is a company bodyguard uk. Quick google search will bring them up. Mate of mine looked into this a while ago for an impreza that he had just got a custom paint job on. Don't think he done anymore than look though so I can't comment on the product or company.

rafletcher
06-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Or you can google Helicopter Tape - it's a heavy duty self adhesive vinyl that is (unsurprisingly) used to protect helicopter blades (and in my cas a car rear bumper and parts of my bicycles) from chipping.

Pork
06-08-2014, 01:51 PM
3M VentureShield is what you're after.
They do pre cut kits mostly for motorbikes but you can just buy sheets and cut yourself to fit.

Had it on my bike for years and it's tough as can be and easy to remove/apply.

rafletcher
06-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Looks like they do car kits too... but of course I can't bloody past a link in on my wok computer! Just google 3M Ventureshield and you'll see.

Hmm a bit of research has shown that a front half wrap will be £400+ I Ventureshield and that XPEL is better - and double the price!

Boy
06-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks for these suggestions. Any more, and cheaper will be welcome.