PDA

View Full Version : Stalling.... on an S-Tronic.

cma
03-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Well this is a new one on me. It stalls on me sometimes when setting off.

Done it at the same place twice now. up hill T junction, just about stopped then accelerated to go and bang, it stalled.

Went round the block and tried it again at the same spot and it nearly stalled but saved itself.

Is this expected? Some common fault or should I go see Audi?

(Its a 2011 3.0 V6 TDI quattro S-Tronic without Stop/Start)

mina08
04-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Go see Audi asap

Lukenkarl
04-08-2014, 03:11 PM
go see audi asap x 2 if it is out of warranty they may offer goodwill if you have had it looked after by them

bigslope
04-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Will be interesting to see how this works out and what caused it. I have the same car and mine will drop the revs on a hill but never cut out

cma
04-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Thanks all, booked in for the 21st so we'll see what comes. Manufacturers warranty runs out of the 15th September this year so just got it in.

cma
22-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Just collected the car. They were unable to find anything wrong, nothing logged in the ECU and it didnt do anything whilst on their test drive.

The clunkyness is to be expected apparently.

The only thing they could offer was to have the car in for an extended time (a week) to see if it happens for them.

So no updates, no resets of anything. Just nothing. So looks like a stall is to be expected.

Not overly happy but not much else I can do :(

Snatchrat
22-08-2014, 12:27 PM
I would'nt except their excuse of a clunky gearbox. I had this on my A4 3.0Tdi with S-Tronic. Take it back and demand that they do a gearbox reset. Worked on my car.

cma
08-10-2014, 08:19 AM
While my car was in Bedford for having a new sunroof seal fitted I asked them to have a look at the gearbox issue. They tried twice to replicate with no joy but luckily on the 3rd attempt an error came up in the system.It seems I have a faulty EGR Cooler.

No idea how this ties in with the stalling/nearly stalling symptoms but I'm awaiting more technical feedback from them as to how this might cause the issues I had.

Luckily this is all under warranty and not going to cost me or the dealer anything.

Anyone know the cost of the parts and the labour time for a job like this?

bigslope
08-10-2014, 10:50 AM
I had my EGR cooler replaced under warranty in my 3.0 Tdi and lets just say they had it for 10 days.
I think the bill would be at least 2-3 grand with parts and labour.