PDA

View Full Version : Advice before buying

welshfordy1
02-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Hello, I'm a new member here, I currently drive a vauxhall astra mk5 1.7cdti elite, remapped with a few little mods :) in the coming months I am looking at upgrading to a vw scirocco tdi, I've been looking at them for some time, looking at the 2010 2.0tdi 140 GT spec cars, I like them in white. Before I purchase I like to read up and get clued up about various things, such as reliability, spec and what to look out for, so was wondering if you lovely guys and girls could help me out? What should I look for when buying? Are there any common faults I should check for? And what kind of spec does the tdi gt scirocco come with? My elite astra as a lot of extras such as auto lights and wipers, heated seats, cruise control auto dimming rear view mirror. Electric folding mirrors, digital climate control, Etc etc.... Basically just after any useful hints and tips before buying :) thank you so much In advance :)
Jamie.

welshfordy1
08-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Anyone?

Sam
08-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Can't help you with the Scirocco specifics but thanks for teaching me there's an Astra trim level called Elite.

I thought it was just Audi who had the rights to egofluffing names :biglaugh:

Parkers/Glass's will show you what models come with what spec. VW Approved Used will also give you an idea.

For what goes wrong, search this section and the Golf V section - they share platform, engines and running gear.

welshfordy1
06-09-2014, 05:25 PM
That's no problem yes there is an elite model astra haha.
Thank you I shall check that out :)