PDA

View Full Version : Reverse to first stiff?

holtie
29-07-2014, 08:12 PM
As above. Our 2004 Alhambra 1.9 PD SE (130) has a problem. When we reverse then try to go to first it is very difficult to get out of reverse. I don't know how long it's been like it as its my wifes car. We ha a new clutch/flywheel around 18 months ago so don't think its that. After I noticed it I changed the gearbox oil but the problem is still there. I'm thinking linkages but cannot find if there is a way of setting them.

Also, sometimes the clutch pedal doesn't come all the way up (seems to be when it hits the clutch switch) and when it is all the way up I can feel it moving down slightly when I'm not accelerating and back up when accelerating.

Any advice would be grateful. Thanks.

holtie
06-02-2015, 01:23 PM
This got worse until I couldn't select any gears after a new master cylinder was fitted. Had a new clutch, slave cylinder and DMF - problem sorted. They found some bits of metal from somewhere (the think it was from the friction plate) in the bottom of the bellhousing. DMF had some play in it so they changed that (with my permission). The annoying thing is it had all that done at a different garage 2 1/2 years ago with a 2 year guarantee - typical

kamark
16-06-2015, 10:00 PM
How much it cost you for doing the total job? I have similar problem.

holtie
16-06-2015, 10:10 PM
My first clutch/flywheel was around £550 and that was mates rates around 3 years ago. This time it cost around £900 from the local garage I took it too. Probably could have got it cheaper from somewhere else but the car was already in pieces from the investigation. Probably best to get quotes from different places.