PDA

View Full Version : Anybody recognise this?

Seanious
28-07-2014, 10:26 PM
I've just found this on my workbench and not sure what car or part this came from. I have seen this before on something but I'm having trouble remembering.

I think its some kind of retent spring or circlip, its got a radius about the same as a golf ball.

Many thanks

Sam
29-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Could it be a spring clip that fits on the inside of a wheel centre cap?

Seanious
29-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Ahh yes you might be right, I'll be looking tonight. I know I've seen it before, and have carried out some work on a couple of cars, but have no recollection whatsoever of taking his out. I'll be checking the wheel cps tonight and le you know.

Many thanks

Sean

Seanious
29-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Ok it's not a wheel cap centre, hmmm. Guess I'll have to think some more.

Sam
30-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Hmm...

I wouldn't even know how to describe the shape in order to search for what it could be - three armed/pronged/spoked isn't working.

Seanious
30-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Hmm...

I wouldn't even know how to describe the shape in order to search for what it could be - three armed/pronged/spoked isn't working.

I've just found out what it is. It comes in a packet with a few other gaskets as part of a thermostat.

I needed to know exactly what it was as I just had a complete gearbox apart and didn't want to leave anything out as you can imagine. I had left it on a shelf, and somehow its been knocked off and onto my workbench.

All sorted now, many thanks for your input guy's.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_uSFKZ7kkSzuLiEO1t-MjAtFgzIbU6Fdrhg8HtNKPz6OEQrcq

Sam
30-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Nicely done Sir, I hope whoever got the thermostat doesn't come back looking for the clip ;)