PDA

View Full Version : Sound booster module fitted!

M1tchy
28-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Well being another year older today, the wife allowed me to have the kufatec sound booster module that has been hidden in her wardrobe for a few weeks.

It is awesome. It has a little start up "kick" that gives a cheeky little roar when the engine starts.

Then there are 6 sounds. Only tried one of the sounds so far and although far sportier than standard it's not right for me. Will try another tomorrow and see how I get on with it. There are two that are far too loud even at idle so won't be using those but I'm sure I can find one I like.

Fitting time was 30 secs and straight forwards but nothing like the instructions hinted at! Off on holiday tomorrow but will try and get a video added before I go.

P.s. The video on kufatecs website doesn't do it justice.

soft
28-07-2014, 10:06 PM
will this work on TFSI as well?

M1tchy
28-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Only BiTDI engines with the speakers in the exhaust. Basically. the new module controls the output of the speakers and sounds awesome.

M1tchy
31-07-2014, 02:22 AM
And a short video....

Audi A7 BiTDI sound enhancer module - YouTube (http://youtu.be/G4iGBHHZVXk)

len marriott
31-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Sounds impressive. An easy fitting exercise ?

M1tchy
01-08-2014, 01:30 AM
Yes, about 45 seconds. Remove the right hand cubby hole in the boot, disconnect the cable to the exhaust speakers and fit this inbetween the factory connection. Put it all back together.

I just need to pick a sound I like and want to stick with now

Herbie1213
01-08-2014, 06:59 AM
Sounds great!

M1tchy
23-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Got round to fitting my button today so I can change the sound without having to remove the cubby hole in the boot each time. Ive gone with a slightly different setup to you but both work. Here is mine....

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af211/mitchy1408/9B784CF5-C3F9-48E7-AF1A-4D35EB7CFF1F_zpsrilrl5k2.jpg (http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/mitchy1408/media/9B784CF5-C3F9-48E7-AF1A-4D35EB7CFF1F_zpsrilrl5k2.jpg.html)

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af211/mitchy1408/8C11A109-3CD8-45B1-8864-EB48E2651029_zpsd3qvlxyj.jpg (http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/mitchy1408/media/8C11A109-3CD8-45B1-8864-EB48E2651029_zpsd3qvlxyj.jpg.html)

It might not be overly clear but its in the boot in the little storage area on the right.

M1tchy
27-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Well since having this fitted I have had nothing but positive comments about how amazing it sounds.

A random bloke tapped on the window today and asked what engine I had as it sounded amazing. The best was in a multi story car park yesterday when a really old couple stopped and watched me park up. I was thinking they were going to say it was too noisy or something but as I got out, the old lady who must have been about 80, said "that sounds lovely young man, what engine do you have in her!" I was gobsmacked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sportq
25-02-2015, 06:11 PM
I guess only the BTDi has the speaker module fitted but has anyone investigated adding it to the any of the non-BTDi engines? I noticed on the Kufatec website that there's a kit for the A3 (?): Complete set active Sound incl Sound Booster Audi A3 8V-40650 (http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/sound-booster-pro/audi/complete-set-active-sound-incl-sound-booster-audi-a3-8v?tab=frage)

...which includes the speaker and the control module you fitted. There's also a video on YouTube of one fitted to an A4 TDi (twin exhaust so could be a V6) but not details what's been done. It doesn't sound as good as the A6/A7 ones.

I don't suppose the speaker is visible at all so I could check if would be possible, at least in theory, to fit it to the lesser engines.

Peter

M1tchy
25-02-2015, 06:47 PM
I believe it can be fitted to all models (according to kufatec). The speaker isn't visible, it's a foot or so under the car from the rear of the exhaust.

Cultivate
28-02-2015, 02:05 PM
I agree with Mitchy - I have one fitted (thanks to a very helpful Mitchy showing me how to do it - so easy!) and it sounds amazing.

Constantly get double takes when the power start kicks in...! Interested to hear it work on non BiTurbo engines...

PapaSmurf
03-01-2016, 02:05 PM
Hi...I've just ordered the Kufatec sound booster pro for my 2015 Audi A7 BiTdi. I read all the posts which suggests it's easy to install and that the installation is from the cubby hole on the right side in the boot. I can't seem to get that hatch open and don't want to damage it. Any instructions as to how to get access and then to install the Kufatec sound booster would be appreciated.

M1tchy
03-01-2016, 02:25 PM
In the cubby hole there is a metal bar attached to two plastic clips at the bottom. Unclip the bar from the plastic clips, but leave it and the net attached to the cubby hole in the middle. Just needs gently pulling forwards.

Then the two plastic clips rotate 90 degrees and pull up. The cubby hole then comes out. It has 2 locating tabs at the top and be carful not to pull it too far as the cigarette lighter is attached.

PapaSmurf
03-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Thanks Mitchy! I will give that a go...can't wait to get the sound booster fitted. The videos sound really good!

M1tchy
03-01-2016, 02:35 PM
No probs. Sounds incredible.

PapaSmurf
07-01-2016, 11:29 AM
HELP! I've fitted the KUFATEC sound booster...everything has clicked into position. Set the engine sound to dynamic in my MMI but no difference to the sound!! What should I have done differently? Any ideas!

M1tchy
07-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Have you tried pressing the button on the module? Some sounds are more obvious than others.

Also did you get the growl at start up?

PapaSmurf
07-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Yes I've pressed the button on the module. Didn't get a growl at start up either. Thinking it could be a faulty unit because it's easy enough to plug in so don't understand why it's not working : (

M1tchy
07-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Yes I agree, I assume you plugged the cable in the middle of the existing cable? i.e. You don't have anything left unplugged? (Not trying to insult your intelligence by the way, just checking)

If so it should work

PapaSmurf
07-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Appreciate you checking. Everything is plugged in where it needs to be. It's just a fiddly thing to undo again because of its location which I will have to do if I have to return it.

M1tchy
07-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Yeah it is a bit of a pain. Maybe try unplugging it and trying the normal sport mode to make sure the usual sound is there, if not could be a blown fuse, if so its a faulty module.

M1tchy
07-01-2016, 09:20 PM
If the normal sound is there try switching the car off again and plugging the module back in and see if it comes to life.

PapaSmurf
07-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Will try those things on the weekend when I can spend more time working it out. Thanks for the tips...will let you know if and when I get it sorted. Thanks Mitchy

PapaSmurf
13-01-2016, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=PapaSmurf;993219]Will try those things on the weekend when I can spend more time working it out. Thanks for the tips...will let you know if and when I get it sorted. Thanks Mitchy[/QUOTE

Happy to say that I was able to get a replacement module sent to me which I fitted in 30 seconds and the module worked immediately this time. It sounds 'meaty' as one of my colleagues described it as I pulled away for a first drive. I love it! Have gone for sound 6...which I like...might try sound 5 out too to see which one to stick with. Thanks particularly to Mitchy for offering the sound advice to help get the unit fitted. Happy days!

Donmeister
18-02-2016, 07:23 PM
I've just had a Kufatec delivered that I cannot get to work. Pretty sure I got it all plugged in correctly (it can really only go on the one way anyway). It came with 3 connectors and a little box that one of the connectors had to plug in to (i presume its this little box that does the magic). The other 2 connectors just go in-line to the wiring loom.
The instructions were not very clear. But it seemed to suggest that it is activated by going into individual mode in the MMI, then setting engine and gear box to dynamic mode. Then it seemed to say that to turn it on and off, you go into exhaust sound & alternate between comfort and dynamic to turn it on and off. Is this making sense to those people who already have a working Kufatec? I tried pressing the little button that's supplied with it, but could not detect any change in the engine note. I am pretty sure the original std throaty growl could still be turned on and off when going between comfort and dynamic.
I just want to check that I am not missing something before i send it back to Germany.
Thanks in advance for any help.

M1tchy
18-02-2016, 07:27 PM
Only works in dynamic mode mate, not individual

PapaSmurf
18-02-2016, 08:12 PM
I actually have it working in Individual as long as the whine sound is set to dynamic in it. I'd say after giving myself a lot of stick about not making the unit work the first time (because it really is a simple install) that you probably have a faulty unit. I wouldn't waste more time and ask them to send a replacement. They were very good about it when I had to return mine. The replacement unit worked immediately and it's worth sorting because the noise it makes is satisfying!

M1tchy
19-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Ah that's interesting. Ill try mine again later.

Donmeister
19-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Good news guys. Had another go this morning - re-fitted, put in to Dynamic mode and it worked right away. Not sure what I did different, but who cares, it sounds amazing!!
Thanks for the help and advice guys.

am-a7
19-04-2016, 11:03 AM
I guess only the BTDi has the speaker module fitted but has anyone investigated adding it to the any of the non-BTDi engines? I noticed on the Kufatec website that there's a kit for the A3 (?): Complete set active Sound incl Sound Booster Audi A3 8V-40650 (http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/sound-booster-pro/audi/complete-set-active-sound-incl-sound-booster-audi-a3-8v?tab=frage)

...which includes the speaker and the control module you fitted. There's also a video on YouTube of one fitted to an A4 TDi (twin exhaust so could be a V6) but not details what's been done. It doesn't sound as good as the A6/A7 ones.

I don't suppose the speaker is visible at all so I could check if would be possible, at least in theory, to fit it to the lesser engines.

Peter

hi all - just registered! have just ordered one of these for the a7, can't wait for it to arrive! installation looks a doddle, thanks mitchy for the pics, think i will do the same with the button in the boot.

is there an indicator for which sound number you are currently on?

interestingly, 50 quid cheaper getting it through the eu site rather than the uk site. £247 all in on paypal.

thanks to all on this forum, read it daily and now hopefully will post more!

best wishes
aslan

M1tchy
19-04-2016, 11:39 AM
There is no indication of what sound you are on, the way I describe it is the fact the loudest one is number 6.

am-a7
19-04-2016, 12:38 PM
noted -thanks. and did it work in individual with exhaust on dynamic?
which sound did you choose in the end - 6? ;)

M1tchy
20-04-2016, 09:59 PM
mine doesn't work in individual, only in dynamic.

Yes I've picked setting 6!!! I love it

am-a7
22-04-2016, 11:43 PM
received today. 10min install. sounds amazing, great piece of kit!!

not brave enough for 6, went with 5 ;)

ndiye
23-04-2016, 08:43 AM
So this sound booster thing, can someone enlighten me on how it works, see cozy I tried one, not from kufatec and yes it made things louder, but I lost the articulation of the original sound. The sound was constant, with little or no change in volume, pitch or intensity as you get with the factory fitted module. It just sounded very Subaru with drainpipe exhaust fitted ( I mean no offence by this, just trying to paint a picture ) it sounded very droney and nasal. I mean at rest it burbled pretty okay, but at any revs, you there was no sense of the manicured a carefully sound engineered quality of the original. In essence what I'm asking is does the kufatec box just amplify without adding too much distortion to the initial sound profile? I have had a look at the various vids on tube regarding this but as you know they don't well convey what it actually sounds like live and when actually driving. Can anybody share some insight please?

Siac
18-05-2016, 03:00 PM
There is no indication of what sound you are on, the way I describe it is the fact the loudest one is number 6.

Folks. May be it's my age but there's no way I can connect one of the plugs to the car. It simply won't fit or click shut, it just hangs loose. I can connect the Kufatec plug to the car module and I can connect the Kufatec square to the Kufatec box. The Kufatec plug that attaches to what was originally in the car has two prongs that prevent it closing. It can only go in one way because it is oval on one end and that is matched! What gives? Thanks

M1tchy
18-05-2016, 04:42 PM
I can't picture what you mean. Do you have a photo?

Off the top of my head the only thing i can think of is if you have it the right way around? as in try turning the kufatec interconnected 180 degrees?

Siac
18-05-2016, 06:00 PM
I can't picture what you mean. Do you have a photo?

Off the top of my head the only thing i can think of is if you have it the right way around? as in try turning the kufatec interconnected 180 degrees?

Cheers. I poked and prodded, it turns out to be a very small set of two prongs on the inside of the Kufatec plug that is stopping it from closing. The oval shape matches so it is the right way around.

One very slow and steady handed Dremel session later and it has been fitted. I just chamfered the prongs down flat.

Number 5 it is!!

Anyone noticed that number 6 is great at low speeds but goes near silent at speed?

M1tchy
20-05-2016, 10:19 AM
I like it like that as I wouldn't want the noise constantly on a long drive.

Glad you got it fitted [emoji1303]

K_Singh
21-06-2016, 08:09 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the forum however wanted to share my experience with the Kufatec Soundbooster Pro.

I had mine fitted to the A7 for a few months however was reluctant to use it as I personally found the power start a little too loud (noise the soundbooster/exhaust creates when starting the engine).

Today I decided to play about with it and download some software from the soundbooster website: https://www.sound-booster.com/en/software.html
Not only was I able to remove the power start option (that'll keep the neighbours happy). I could also customise my 5 noise settings.

Another bit of great news is I updated the firmware on my device, end result is I can now change between the 5 different map settings using the cruise control stalk rather than the little button hidden in the boot. https://www.sound-booster.com/en/control.html

Now very happy with the purchase as I'm able to use it as first intended!

K_Singh
21-06-2016, 08:10 PM
-

M1tchy
22-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Now that's interesting. I might have a play later [emoji1303]

K_Singh
22-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Let me know if I can be of any help. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you in the future as it appears we have similar spec cars...

M1tchy
22-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Brilliant, thanks

Siac
25-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the forum however wanted to share my experience with the Kufatec Soundbooster Pro.

I had mine fitted to the A7 for a few months however was reluctant to use it as I personally found the power start a little too loud (noise the soundbooster/exhaust creates when starting the engine).

Today I decided to play about with it and download some software from the soundbooster website: https://www.sound-booster.com/en/software.html
Not only was I able to remove the power start option (that'll keep the neighbours happy). I could also customise my 5 noise settings.

Another bit of great news is I updated the firmware on my device, end result is I can now change between the 5 different map settings using the cruise control stalk rather than the little button hidden in the boot. Control possibilities for the Sound Booster Pro (https://www.sound-booster.com/en/control.html)

Now very happy with the purchase as I'm able to use it as first intended!

That's a great update, good job! I just went out and played with the cruise control, it worked out the box...try it first!

But, how do you connect the pc to the car to make the sound adjustments? It says with a micro-usb, which is fine, but neglects to say to stick it where?

cheers

K_Singh
25-06-2016, 06:20 PM
That's a great update, good job! I just went out and played with the cruise control, it worked out the box...try it first!

But, how do you connect the pc to the car to make the sound adjustments? It says with a micro-usb, which is fine, but neglects to say to stick it where?

cheers
That worked out well! Mine had an older version of firmware. I had to delete that and replace with a newer version before it allowed my cruise control feature to work.

I believe not all have the micro USB connection on one of the sides of the kufatec box itself. But I'd expect the newer ones too...

Then used a micro-usb to USB cable (from an old blackberry phone) straight into my laptop...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Siac
25-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Doh! I was thinking micro usb into the car! Of course, into the kufatec box makes sense. :)

K_Singh
25-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Doh! I was thinking micro usb into the car! Of course, into the kufatec box makes sense. :)
It's worth giving this a little watch: Create custom sound profiles with Kufatec Sound Booster software Integrated Solutions - YouTube (https://youtu.be/V2JPi3vcqtI)

Talks you through the entire process.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

funkyfin
16-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Thanks for this advice and steering me to the Soundbooster. I am looking too get a sound module for my A6 Allroad BiTDi as well. Kufatec looks good as updated and quick response from UK team over fitting and price but just noticed via autoevolution How to Make Your Diesel-Engined Car Sound Cool - autoevolution (http://www.autoevolution.com/news/how-to-make-your-diesel-engined-car-sound-cool-104705.html#) about the Eberspacher Active Sound Gateway. It's even more expensive but looks far more customisable and easy to change and assign settings via the app. Could have the kids/wife change the settings when driving - maybe not a good idea.

Anybody bought this http://www.active-sound.eu/de/audi/audi-a6/audi-a6-4g/audi-a6-4g-active-sound-gateway-ble ??

Cheers

Gra74
21-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Hi. New to the forum also and have just purchased and fitted the Kufatec Soundbooster Pro also. Loved it yesterday and was like a 5 year old boy but not sure today on the drive to work. Have you spent time with each of the 6 sounds and picked a favorite? I immediately opted for Sound 5 as 6 was just too loud but not sure on that one now either.
Really keen to hear your feedback given you have had it for a few months now!

Gra74
21-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Appreciate this is an old post but wondered what sound you settled for? I installed yesterday and decided 6 was too much, 5 was good, the rest a little boring. But this morning I am not sure on 5 anymore.

M1tchy
21-10-2016, 07:25 PM
I think I'm on setting 3 or 4. It's similar to 6 but not as loud. That's what I've settled on and really like it

tbox
23-10-2016, 04:00 PM
I bought an A7 BITDI a week a go, was told by the previous owner that Audi installed the ABT Sound Generator when the car was ex demo. Not sure how true that is. My change button is installed next to the drivers seat.

Is the ABT the same as Kufatec? If no would the box be installed in the same place?

Is it plug and play? As thinking of removing/disconnecting it as it is far too loud on any option and have to have it on if I want to change to dynamic mode. From what I can tell there is 7 sound modes.

Thanks

M1tchy
23-10-2016, 10:49 PM
I don't think they are the same, the kufatec has 6 sounds so you must have a box from elsewhere.

I've seen a few on the market and they all seem to go in the same place. Really easy to remove if needed.

tbox
25-10-2016, 01:06 PM
Thanks, I think mine must be located elsewhere as I couldn't see it anywhere in the compartment mentioned in this thread.

Looking at the video (scroll down) in the link below it shows it to be under the carpets on left side of boot.

http://www.abt-sportsline.de/en/latest-news/news/detail/news/sonorous-diesels-abt-sound-control/news-a/show/news-c/NewsItem/

Goodeone
30-10-2016, 06:56 PM
Its fitted behind the netted cubby hole on the right side of the boot as you look in. Swing the net bar up out of its fixings then rotate the fixings a quater of a turn and they will come out then you can remove the cubby hole be carefull with the attached wire to the cigarette lighter/acc power supply. the unit should be easy to spot just unplug the module and re-plug the car wireing back into the car module.

tbox
30-10-2016, 11:17 PM
Yeah I looked there couldn't find anything. I'm using the individual mode for which allows me to turn of the engine sound, but I assume that will also turn off the standard Audi sound?

Goodeone
31-10-2016, 09:05 AM
Hi

it has to be there as this is where the the Audi ecu for the sound generators in the exhausts are, have you found the plastic housing with various ecu's clipped into it, if so it will be 1 mounted on its side about the size of a cigarette packet.

tbox
31-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Thanks. I will take another look, if I still can't find it I will take a picture and post it.

AlyM
07-11-2016, 01:06 PM
I'm thinking about buying one for my A6... Seen them on eBay.DE for around £230ish... Or is it best to buy straight off Kufatec?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

M1tchy
08-11-2016, 09:26 PM
I got mine direct from the company. As with anything electrical/brakes/anything worth money or copying, you don't know what you're getting off eBay.

Goodeone
08-11-2016, 09:55 PM
I Bought from eBay I saved about £140 at the time ( the pound was better then ) they are original Kufatec boxes but they have a generic part number instead of an Audi model specific part number you would have if you purchased direct.

buddyboy
29-01-2017, 04:58 PM
i was looking to retrofit this system to my 2012 a7 3.0 TDI , has anyone gone that route:

Audi Zentrum Shop - Motorsoundsystem Audi A7 4G8 vor PA mit 6 Zylinder Motor (http://www.audishop-leipzig.de/product_info.php?info=p1903435_motorsoundsystem-audi-a7-4g8-vor-pa-mit-6-zylinder-motor.html)

Goodeone
29-01-2017, 07:06 PM
I have retro fitted the Audi active exhausts to my car without any major problems.

buddyboy
29-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Is it worth it? :) Cheapest i have seen it for is 1320euro from the link posted above, ill check Audi dealers locally for comparison prices

Goodeone
29-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Sounds like a good price if its for everything (the link is in german so I cant tell) I personally think its well worth it I love the sounds it makes, Just recently a motorcycle cop pulled me over and told me the car sounded fantastic.

buddyboy
29-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Sorry i didn't notice, google chrome translates german for me automatically :)

1x package 4G0071901A Rear silencer with sound actuator
1x package 4G0071902A Middle silencer
1x 4G0071953A Control unit

Ive emailed them asking if it comes with everything included for that price, wiring and fitting kits etc. Its on offer currently down from 1550

Goodeone
29-01-2017, 07:37 PM
You might be able to get it cheeper as you dont need the middle silencer, the control unit may need to be sent to kufatec to be updated as the original audi part wasen't compatible with the kufatec soundbooster which you would also need. The update only cost approx £30 and was done and back to me within 3 days (very good service). All the cables should be included with the kit.

buddyboy
29-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Ah ok i thought you needed a new center section too. That makes it cheaper, looking at english version of audi site i could probably get away with just these options so

The basic system:
Engine sound system 4G0071901A > Audi Genuine Accessories - Vorsprung durch Technik (https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/zubehoer/p/engine-sound-system-4g0071901a-10?category=8004:904_ASOS:Category)

And control unit:
Engine sound system 4G0071953A > Audi Genuine Accessories - Vorsprung durch Technik (https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/zubehoer/p/engine-sound-system-4g0071953a-10?category=8004:904_ASOS:Category)

Goodeone
29-01-2017, 08:33 PM
Yes thats it. If you wanted just the same sound as the Biturbo this is all you need if you want the adjustable, louder sounds then you need the Kufatec soundbooster module as well.

buddyboy
29-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the info, ill get the exhaust system fitted first and go from there!

JayNana
04-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Sounds out of this world!

Wouldn't work on a TFSI I presume? [emoji53]

Goodeone
04-02-2017, 03:04 PM
Sounds out of this world!

Wouldn't work on a TFSI I presume? [emoji53]

Hi

No only for diesels I'm afraid.

Goodeone
22-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Just wondering what to do! I'm thinking of selling the A7 but should I take off the full active exhaust kit (exhaust boxes, wiring loom, control ecu and sound booster) I recon it all to be worth £1000 or do I leave it on as a selling point. Do you think i could recoupe the cost in the sale of the car? Would anyone here be prepared to pay extra for a car fitted with it?

buddyboy
22-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Unfortunately with most mods you probably wont recoup the cost you would be hoping for, i personally wouldn't pay more for a car that had it fitted, but you could add an extra 1k to your selling price and hope it helps? :) If it was fitted by an Audi dealership it may help to get a better price

M1tchy
22-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Yeah I agree, unlikely to get that money back. They are selling so maybe take it off and try a separate sale? Hard to know what to do for sure though

len marriott
23-02-2017, 09:44 AM
Hi getting rid of that great A7 already 😄 I know you don't keep them long but ....
Whats next then ?
Exhaust is a difficult one, a lot of work to take that all off so I guess all you can do is add to the price you would like and hope.

Goodeone
23-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Hi Len
Yes it's about that time, it shows how good the A7 is as I've he'd it almost 1 year which is a very long time for me. I'm tempted by a BMW 335d M sport (0-60 4.8s).
Thanks for the replies you guys but I think I'll probably remove it and sell separately.

Goodeone
02-03-2017, 11:41 AM
Well it's now time to advertise my Active Exhaust System. I have placed an advert on the for sale section of this forum but it hasn't shown up yet as the moderators have to approve it, I will also put it on eBay as well. I'm selling the lot, 2 x back boxes with sound modules all wiring, control modules and the Kufatec sound booster. The whole system cost me around £1700 and I'd like to get £1100 or very close, I will also help the purchaser to install it if required. Let me know if anyone is interested.

buddyboy
03-03-2017, 08:32 PM
If you were more local to me i would be interested, also trying to save for a mortgage means i shouldnt be wasting any more money on my a7! Good luck with the sale.

Goodeone
04-03-2017, 06:30 PM
WASTE how can anyone call spending money on their A7 wasting money :D:D. I'm thinking of leaving it on if I get full price for the car,

Krishan
12-11-2018, 10:06 PM
Hi i know its been over 2 years but which sound booster did you fit in the end?

M1tchy
12-11-2018, 10:21 PM
I got the kufatec sound booster module mate. Still running well and sounds amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Krishan
13-11-2018, 10:02 PM
Right thanks for that

Bishop187
13-11-2018, 10:12 PM
You guys making me want a bi tdi [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]
They do sound sexy [emoji3059]

M1tchy
15-11-2018, 09:37 PM
Do it!!

Bishop187
15-11-2018, 09:55 PM
Do it!!

Haha I only just got this one [emoji1748]

Don’t worry next one will defo be a RS7 [emoji12]

dddan
23-09-2019, 07:44 PM
Am i right to think this only works on the BiTDI, not the 3.0 TDI?

Bishop187
23-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Am i right to think this only works on the BiTDI, not the 3.0 TDI?

Yes.

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Cisinlondonuk
16-12-2020, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=Bishop187;1109297]Yes.

Does all A7 btdi comes with the sound booster from factory?
Thanks

Bishop187
16-12-2020, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=Bishop187;1109297]Yes.

Does all A7 btdi comes with the sound booster from factory?
Thanks

It comes with a speaker in the exhaust for factory. The kufatec sound booster lets u choose for 6 different sounds

Not_Anumber
16-12-2020, 03:45 PM
Dues the Soundbooster only make engine noises or could it be set to blast out a bit of Iron Maiden at some mighty decibels ?
Would be great fun when bored in traffic jams and especially marvelous when going through tunnels.

Cisinlondonuk
23-12-2020, 12:27 AM
Can you please tell me if this works on my A7 btdi . As I don’t really know if mine it’s 313 or 320 bhp. Can’t find no details online . Thank you

Reg : SW16YLG

The link of eBay it’s.
Kufatec Sound Booster Pro Bluetooth 42832 Audi 313hp Bi Turbo | eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kufatec-Sound-Booster-Pro-Bluetooth-42832-Audi-313hp-Bi-Turbo-/154250906691?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292)

MarkNX5
11-03-2021, 02:05 PM
Sounds awesome!
Just ordered mine..

dsgrnmcm
24-08-2021, 11:15 AM
Just to jump on this, Does this only work on BiTdi's? or does it work on teh normal Tdis?

Bishop187
24-08-2021, 11:24 AM
Just to jump on this, Does this only work on BiTdi's? or does it work on teh normal Tdis?

Bitdi only. They come fitted with the hardware.

dsgrnmcm
24-08-2021, 11:25 AM
Brilliant Cheers Bishop187!