PDA

View Full Version : Please Help V5 2.3 150hp will NOT start (Tried everything)

Dcskinx
20-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Hi, first up before i decided to make a new thread I have researched as much as possible and cannot find a solution and really hoping someone on here has some experience with the issues i'm having with my VW.

I have a VW Bora with the 2.3 V5 engine, coil and HT lead (150hp) model. It will not start. It has a new battery, cranks fine but will not fire up. It has good fuel pressure, and I am 99% sure the injectors are firing as I can smell fuel after cranking and the plugs will get wet with fuel. I have scanned it with VCDS-Lite which has not logged any faults at all. While cranking it does occasionally give a few coughs but has not managed to start. The plugs and HT leads have been changed which made no difference, then the coil and ignition amp have been changed again no different. I have checked for spark, and have no spark on Cylinders 3 and 5, swapping the coil back to the original one it is the same 2 cylinders with no spark. Swapping the ignition amp back to the original one again shows no spark on 3 and 5. I have tried another ECU (to test for spark on the first couple of seconds of cranking, before the immo kicks in) and again just no spark on 3 and 5. I am now completely stuck, and am unsure of what to look at next? Any ideas at all would be much appreciated :)