PDA

View Full Version : Retrofit Active Lane Assist

soft
16-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Im taking this out of Kufatec to simplify my own mess:-)

So fare I have fund out this:

The control units necessary for the Audi active lane assist function:
Camera control unit J852:
· Registers the area in front of the vehicle and transfers the images to the image processing control unit J851
· Searches for lane boundary lines in the images, determines their exact position and geometry, and transfers this infor- mation to the control unit J851
Image processing control unit J851:
· The function software of Audi active lane assist is integrated in this unit
· Transmits the required system steering moment to the control unit for power steering J500 and, if required, requests a vibration alarm
· Asks the control unit in dash panel insert J285 to display the current system state and, if required, to display messages and warnings
· Transfers the current system state to the control unit for windscreen projection J898 and asks it, if required, to display warnings
· Saves the settings for Audi active lane assist made via the MMI. The stored values are assigned to the vehicle key in use.
Power steering control unit J500:
· Activates the motor for electromechanical steering accor- ding to the specifications of the control unit J851 (generation of the required system steering moment and output of a vibration warning)
· Reads in the sensor for steering moment G269 and forwards the steering moment to the control unit J851
Optional control units that can be used if fitted:
Adaptive cruise control unit J428 and control unit 2 for adaptive cruise control J850:
• If the vehicle has the optional extra ACC, its measured variables are used for the two functions "Deliberate lane change without set turn indicator" and "System characteris- tics with obstacles detected on the neighbouring lane"
Park assist steering control unit J791:
• If the vehicle has the optional extra front / rear parking aid, its measured variables are used for the function "System characteristics with obstacles detected on the neighbouring lane"
Data bus diagnostic interface J533:
• The interface of the various data bus systems
Steering column electronics control unit J527:
• Reads in the button for switching the Audi active lane assist on and off and places the information on the CAN bus
Control unit in dash panel insert J285:
• Displays the current system state of Audi active lane assist • Issues messages of Audi active lane assist
Control unit 1 for information electronics J794:
• Settings for Audi active lane assist can be made via the control unit J794
Control unit for windscreen projection J898:
• If the vehicle has a head-up display, the current system state and warnings from Audi active lane assist can be displayed there

Then I went through my VCDS scan and I have:
J851
J500
J852
J428
J533
J285
J527
J898
J794

I have all the HW, question is how to enable.
Audi will not do it.
I see that I miss the 3C entry in my VCDS scan, can anyone tell me if this is only an "address" or actual HW ?
If you have Active Lane Assist, can you please post your entry in 3C ?

Kim