PDA

View Full Version : Audi Newbie - A4 B7 3.2 Quattro Convertible

ROOKiE975
10-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Hi all,

I recently signed up to this forum while doing some research for my next car. I found the sight to be a great resource and learned an awful lot!

I am now the proud owner of a 2006 3.2 Quattro Convertible. The car is Akoya Silver and has covered 48,500 miles. It really is a great car, I'm very impressed with it. I will post up some pictures when I have had the chance to give it a good clean.

This is my first Audi, I was a BMW man before this having owned an E36 328, E36 330 Sport, E46 328Ci, E46 330Ci Sport followed by an E85 Z4 3.0. I really love BMW's but have always liked Audi's, mainly for the interior quality.

The Audi is at the opposite end of the spectrum compared to the Z4. The Z4 is a light, fast and frenetic. The Audi is much more refined, smooth and comfortable (though still fast obviously!). I have absolutely no regrets in the change of marque and I hope it stays that way!

The only real plans I have for the car are to change the wheels (it currently has rotor reps on it), install cruise control, bluetooth and replace the mk1 RNSE unit to the mk2.

I look forward to learning a bit more from the forum and maybe contributing a bit towards it as well!