PDA

View Full Version : Car whining like a disgruntled girlfriend

waqasnoor
07-07-2014, 11:52 AM
is the wife in the car with you?mine makes a whining noise during harsh acceleration:D,thats girls for you!

Hi. I have a VW amarok, 2.0TSI. recently it started whining and does that despite the wife not being in the car. happens only when accelerating. have experienced loss of power. the car struggles to make it to 100mph. when driving at 70mph, even a slight incline results in me having to drop a gear or two to maintain speed. once i attain cruise speed, the whining stops. irrespective of the speed. only happens when accelerating. the car has done about 40000 miles only. its a 2012 model. comes with the same engine as an audi 2.0TSI or so im told.

one thing i should mention although im not sure if it has any bearing on this.

its a company car and i travelled for 2 months leaving the car behind. apparently they used to car behind me and did not change the oil. the oil was changed on 17th dec 2013 and then, was changed last week. is it possible that due to sludge, some pipe might be blocked causing this. maybe an oil flush could help.

i've seen people putting about a gallon of diesel in the engine after draining the oil and letting the engine run for a minute or two to clean it up. can i do that with my car or would it mess up the engine. i've done that with a 2003 BMW 2.0d and it didn't seem to have any negative effects on it.

any ideas on what could be the fault and how i can diagnose it. hope its not the turbo cos dealer's selling a new one here for over $2000 and that does not include fitting.:aargh4:

Guest 2
07-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Have you had the car scanned for faults?

Don't put any liquid in the car that it isn't designed for, you're just asking for trouble.

waqasnoor
07-07-2014, 12:02 PM
engine management light is not on. so electrical faults seem improbable. however, living in africa, diagnostic options are very limited.

i had a small diahatsu turbo charged car. it was very sluggish so mechanic opened the bottom pan and there was a pipe near the oil pump that was blocked by sludge. cleaned the pipe and watch that car go. thats why was thinking if there is some way to clean the inside of the engine without opening it. maybe an oil flush or something similar

Guest 2
07-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Do you have a Volkswagen dealership near you?

The engine management light does not need to be on for a fault to be logged.