PDA

View Full Version : 2003 A4 Cabriolet Lock Beeping (alarm on?)

VatheKia
18-09-2007, 09:05 PM
2003 A4 Cabriolet Lock Beeping (alarm on?)
Good day, all. I am looking for a bit of insite on an issue that recently surfaced on my 2003 A4.

When I lock the vehicle, it begins beeping and does not stop until I either open a door and shut it, or unlock using the FOB, or Lock and Unlock with the FOB while opening various doors, etc.

I am at 53K miles and finally out of warranty. Therefore a cost of repair is stressful at this time in my life.

Does any one have any suggestions on how I might repair this myself or any insite on what this may cost at a dealership. I work in the Automotive Industry with interior electronic modules (body control modules, door zone modules, lift gate modules, FOBs, etc) and understand quite a bit about the electronics in vehicles. However, I have not had any experience with Audis and have taken it for granted that my vehicle works and that I need not to know the electronics behind functionalities.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Lisa Kalinowski

nickynibbles
19-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Stick your head next to the rear nearside wheel arch, if the sound is coming from there then its going to be the alarm sounder unit that is in a cavity behind the boot lining on the nearside. They are known to develope problems and just beep at you! Not too expensive to replace, circa £100'ish from places like vagparts, just need to peel back the boot lining to get at it.