PDA

View Full Version : Toledo Boot Release

mancunianboy
18-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Hello this is my first post so please forgive me if I have done something wrong :Blush:

Toledo SE 1.9 TDi 2002 model

The boot handle will not open the boot... the central locking is working ok and the lock in the boot is set to allow opening with the central locking system. It was working up until sunday night.. I opened it and closed it ok but when I tried to open it again it would not work...

Has anyone come across this problem before... all fuses are intact... Can anyone help at all?

Many thanks

Seat til I die
23-09-2007, 12:17 PM
yes it sounds like its broken alright.

only thing i would think of is dropping down the rear seats and using a torch have a good look to see if anything is blockin the catch or in any way interferring with the mechanism.

i sold my toledo last week so i cant help you much more than that but i reckon if u do a bit of digging theres a chance there might be a release hidden behind one of the press on flaps (secret compartment doors call em what you want). i seem to remember there being a chord which opened the petrol flap in there somewhere so there just might be one for the boot as well.

good luck.

bright side is it will be something simple and a relative easy fix even for your local garage.

mancunianboy
23-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks SEAT Till I Die..I left it a week to see if it right itself but no luck... I've got a torch so i'll give it a go, thanks for your reply.

cheers

Jethrowatson
01-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi,

Found this forum as was searching for the same fault. It has happened to me before. The mechanism has 2 rods which are connected with a rather flimsy plastic ball. Its a really easy job to take the interior boot plastic off and connect the 2 rods together again. You need a torch and a screwdriver. Its happened twice to me now which is a pain as I need to do it again. Was just hoping someone else had come across it and had a permant fix.

Hope that helped.

Jethrowatson
05-11-2007, 04:24 PM
I had a look at my broken boot again over the weekend and it wasn't the problem i had last time. It seems to be the celanoid. Its not extending enough so im stumped. ANyone had this problem? and what was the fix