PDA

View Full Version : Question Autel MaxiService VAG505 OBD Scan tool

folkwagen
03-07-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm looking at the Autel MaxiService VAG505 OBD scan tool. Does anyone know if this can be used on a 2007 A6 to reset the service interval, and to wind back the electronic parking brake motors for a brake pad change. I can do the latter mechanically, but I'd like something easy to use to reset the service interval, and if I can use it to change the pads, all the better. It's currently available for less than a 100 quid.

dan2485
03-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Your better off saving up a little bit more and getting a genuine VCDS cable.

£263 for a new cable and the VCDS software is free from Ross-Tech.

Alan02
03-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Agree, get VCDS. I bought an Autel a while ago and it doesn`t pick up all codes as the VCDS would, and you can do your rear pads etc!

folkwagen
05-07-2014, 05:37 PM
Agree, get VCDS. I bought an Autel a while ago and it doesn`t pick up all codes as the VCDS would, and you can do your rear pads etc!

Alan, are you saying the Autel can rewind back the parking brake on an A6?, or are you saying you need VCDS. I'm getting conflicting info from some suppliers. The supplier obdtool.co.uk ( a chinese based supplier notwithstanding the URL) has a download of the manual which gives the EPB procedure, but when I emailed them in regard to my 2007 A6 they said it would only reset the service interval, but not do the EPB. Another Ebay seller (beat-the-garage on eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/beat-the-garage?_trksid=p2047675.l2559)) says it will work. Have you tried it on your Avant? It would be worth the purchase price for these two tasks, after that it would be nice to have, but I really don't need to get full VCDS, Most of my repairs in the last year (Thermostat, Door lock, Power window switch, ) didn't require a scan. In the case of the thermostat failure, the temperature gauge stops working as a result of the ECU detecting slow heatup, and this fault can be cleared by disconnecting the battery (having put in a new stat). I've got Torque via bluetooth for a huge amount of data, but I'd like the reset.
Further to this, this German thread, http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/funktioniert-diagnosetool-autel-vag-505-auch-fuer-a4-typ-8k-t4353010.html , seems to indicate that the EPB function is supported in the A6 C6 series (also known as A6 4F). I think I'll take the plunge.