PDA

View Full Version : A5 with bluetooth car kit compatible 3g

jlouette
18-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Just received my new A5 equipped with bluetooth car kit. I need to find a mobile phone 3g compatible. Any idea?

My preference would go to the samsung u700 or some sonny...

thx in advance

Joel

PhilR
02-10-2007, 05:11 PM
I've got an 07 A6 with bluetooth so assume it's the same. I have a Nokia N73 and it connects with the bluetooth ok, though I did have some issues with callers not being able to hear me early on. The N73 isn't an 'approved' Audi compatible phone, which means there's no cradle available for the armrest and it also doesn't make use of the aerial on the roof fin. However, I have a Blackberry 8800 (or whatever the new version is called), and this is an approved phone. It uses the roof arial (and displays signal strength on the MMI screen).

Additionally, the names and numbers stored on the N73 can't be accessed by the steering wheel controls / MMI - you need to manually save your numbers in the car's directory. The Blackberry phone book can be accessed by the steering wheel controls / MMI.

I would double check what Audi's approved phones are and make a call (pardon the pun) from there.

a5bhoy
12-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Audi always seem to be way behind on cradles for the latest phones. I had a Nokia 6300 which would intermittently connect and disconnect on my wife's A3 and my TT. I read somewhere that if you keep the phone in your pocket at the door side it was better - and it was ! I also read that Nokia phones had a compatability problems. I currently have an iPhone which works well in both my wife's and my new A5 - phone is read by the system.

Wife now has a Sony phone which works well - but still no cradle (although I believe there is one for the iPhone).

I have just ordered a new work's mobi - and have gone for a Sony C902 to avoid any potential probs with Nokias.

Hope this helps.

Neerazan
03-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Audi always seem to be way behind on cradles for the latest phones. I had a Nokia 6300 which would intermittently connect and disconnect on my wife's A3 and my TT. I read somewhere that if you keep the phone in your pocket at the door side it was better - and it was ! I also read that Nokia phones had a compatability problems. I currently have an iPhone which works well in both my wife's and my new A5 - phone is read by the system.

Wife now has a Sony phone which works well - but still no cradle (although I believe there is one for the iPhone).

I have just ordered a new work's mobi - and have gone for a Sony C902 to avoid any potential probs with Nokias.

Hope this helps.

You probably won't read this but here's hoping.

Do you have a first generation iPhone or a new 3g one?

I'm trying to work out if my first gen iPhone will work with the Remote Sim Access Profile system.

a5bhoy
03-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Neerazan

The iPhone was a 1st gen sourced from China. I can scroll through my address book using the steering wheel controls - although the 'Dialled Nos' section only brought up those dialled since I switched the ignition on. I now have a Sony C902 which accesses all numbers dialled from the phone's log.

By the way - are they now doing the A5 in S-line ? I have been asking for ages if they were doing this and the dealers have always told me no - so I have just taken delivery of a Sport.

What are the main diffs - I'm not happy !!!

Neerazan
05-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the response mate.

They launched the S-Line A5 on the 27th October 2008 in a dealer bulletin,

Apart from the body kit, which looks better, it has a 30mm lowered suspension instead of the Sport's 20mm. Xenons and DRLs are standard.

There is a scan of the flyer here. Sorry for quality but you can save the picture and blow it up a bit. It's not brilliant but still readable.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/highrisedrifter/A5S-line.jpg