PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 DSG 170 PD remap questions

Jambo1986
01-07-2014, 09:13 PM
I've just picked up my new car and I've been researching this for a while but can't find specific threads relating to this set up, and any that I had found were all pre DPF MOT changes. Ideally I'd like to have the engine and DSG remapped at some point in the not so distant future. Is a decent remap still available without clogging the DPF at a far greater speed? The car has done 80k miles, it's in fantastic condition and has been serviced regularly throughout it's life so far.

Any info in regards to any common issues (if there are any), any owners with this set up that have had the ecu/dsg remapped have any feedback?
I live in Leicester, are there any reputable garages close by? Leics, Brum, Notts etc?

Many thanks for any responses!

Chris1313
24-08-2014, 01:48 PM
I have just purchased same car that has been mapped. Goes really well but there is clutch slip. I am going to look into a map or software solution that can maybe alter dsg settings to cope with extra torque. I don't know who did the map. I am looking, as you are, for someone in midlands area to shed some light on this.

How does your dsg seem to you? Mine over revs on acceleration but then settles and pulls well. I have my standard map and am tempted to put it back unless someone can rectify issues.

Jambo1986
24-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Hi Chris. I've still not got round to remapping, I've had it dyno'd and it's not lost anything or got any faults so it's a good base car to compare to.
The DSG is still smooth, never get the feeling of having too much torque, no slipping as such. It pulls well but it just doesn't feel all that aggressive, there are a few flat spots when running through the gears at full pelt. I'm still interested in getting it remapped, more than likely with a map on the dsg too. Shout if you find anyone decent!

Chris1313
24-08-2014, 04:03 PM
I had my bmw 123d done at p-torque near Wolverhampton. It was excellent. I'll speak to him and see what he suggests.

AP_Automotive
07-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Speak to Ben at Shark performance in Mansfield, they should be able to sort this for you.