PDA

View Full Version : 5th seat belt

Adrian James
29-06-2014, 10:19 PM
I want to fir a fifth seat belt, in the center of the back seat, my A7 is a four seater but took my grandson out this weekend and he like to sit in the middle of the beck seat to see the view, but there is no centre belt in car. Can i fit one ? is it straight forward ? any suggestions :confused:

silo24
29-06-2014, 11:04 PM
That's going to be a problem.

Not sure about whether it can be retrofitted, but the bigger issue is the car is actually homologated as a 4 seater. You may well have bigger problems with Insurers and Plod than the Audi parts desk.....

M1tchy
30-06-2014, 04:06 PM
I think the seatbelt is contained within the seat itself so I assume you would need an entire new rear bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soft
30-06-2014, 07:25 PM
I want to fir a fifth seat belt, in the center of the back seat, my A7 is a four seater but took my grandson out this weekend and he like to sit in the middle of the beck seat to see the view, but there is no centre belt in car. Can i fit one ? is it straight forward ? any suggestions :confused:
I have looked at something like this:
Amazon.com: AutoLoc SB2PTN Tan 2 Point Lap Seat Belt - 1 Belt: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/AutoLoc-SB2PTN-Point-Seat-Belt/dp/B000VB885M)
occasionally had to have 3 in the back, keep forgetting this is a 4 seater :-)
I believe you can attach this at the same spot as the buckle for the outer seats.

Adrian James
01-07-2014, 04:56 PM
thats looks perfect, ill see if they do it in black and get one ordered. thanks for that.

Adrian James
01-07-2014, 05:01 PM
found one in black in the UK and incredibly low priced item ! not that i was looking at that point. have ordered it and will report back asap

soft
01-07-2014, 08:41 PM
found one in black in the UK and incredibly low priced item ! not that i was looking at that point. have ordered it and will report back asap
Good, looking forward to your report.
I need "tan", my interior is light brown

hulahoop7
01-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Csn anyone give me the definitive position with regards to thr 5th belt. I see some cars with and some without. Thinking of ordering the new FL A7 Ultra in SE Executive trim. Does this come with or without by default?

M1tchy
01-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Its standard without, however you can add one as a free option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hulahoop7
01-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Its standard without, however you can add one as a free option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cheers. It's not listed as an option, so I guess I will have to request via the dealer supplying?

M1tchy
01-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Mmmmmm, I can't find it in the new brochure either. Guess its all 5 seat belts as standard now on the new model.