PDA

View Full Version : First Time TT Owner

Fiona Meger
29-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Hi Guys

Ive just brought a 2000 TT 1.8 225bhp. I have read up a little on dash pod issues etc and i suspect that my car has suddenly fallen victim to the problem.

I need a little help and direction in relation to the following issues i am having.

I charged the battery for a good few hours until the charger indicated battery fully charged, when i fitted the battery and started the car up it felt a bit un steady on the idle, and sounded and felt as though it was going to stall, i brought the revs up to 2000rpm to avoid stalling and ran it at that rpm for about a minute in hope that the engine just needed to warm up.

it began to behave a little so i decided to take it for a run to warm it up and see how it performed. It drove lovely no problems at all. even when stationary ideling was fine so i put it down to engine being cold.

i turned the car off for 10 mins and then went back to it THIS time it started up then wouldnt idle and kept stalling it wouldnt tick over until i gave it some throttle and held it at 2000 rpm, again i gave it a run around town for 15mins and it then ideled better at lights and junctions etc.

could this be down to battery not holding charge and relying on alternator? or could the dash pod also cause me these kind of problems?.

Im keen to get this fixed so any advice or solutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks Guys

kite
29-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Try cleaning and resetting the throttle body.
You should be able to find a 'how to' on here with a search.

Lukenkarl
30-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Hi Guys

Ive just brought a 2000 TT 1.8 225bhp. I have read up a little on dash pod issues etc and i suspect that my car has suddenly fallen victim to the problem.

I need a little help and direction in relation to the following issues i am having.

I charged the battery for a good few hours until the charger indicated battery fully charged, when i fitted the battery and started the car up it felt a bit un steady on the idle, and sounded and felt as though it was going to stall, i brought the revs up to 2000rpm to avoid stalling and ran it at that rpm for about a minute in hope that the engine just needed to warm up.

it began to behave a little so i decided to take it for a run to warm it up and see how it performed. It drove lovely no problems at all. even when stationary ideling was fine so i put it down to engine being cold.

i turned the car off for 10 mins and then went back to it THIS time it started up then wouldnt idle and kept stalling it wouldnt tick over until i gave it some throttle and held it at 2000 rpm, again i gave it a run around town for 15mins and it then ideled better at lights and junctions etc.

could this be down to battery not holding charge and relying on alternator? or could the dash pod also cause me these kind of problems?.

Im keen to get this fixed so any advice or solutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks Guys
I would take it back

Fiona Meger
05-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Thanks kite I tried that and the problem continued, I had it diagnosed and there is split in one of the hoses under the inlet manifold, think I'm gonna treat the TT to entire new set of hoses as i know that audis suffer from split hoses after time. Thanks for your reply though.