PDA

View Full Version : Erratic idling

Audi convert
28-06-2014, 05:59 PM
I have increasingly noticed erratic idling at traffic lights/junctions

Needle settles at about 750 rpm and jumps to 800 with car noticeably shaking several times every few seconds (it's like the start stop wants to turn off but then changes it's mind before actually cutting out)

Is this common?

Wippa
28-06-2014, 06:00 PM
I've experienced this too and the way you describe it same as me. Was going to mention it at first service.

Audi convert
28-06-2014, 06:10 PM
I've experienced this too and the way you describe it same as me. Was going to mention it at first service.

Im sure a software update will help

I think I will book it in and try to sort annoying rattles at same time. Rattles in both front passenger doors (leaning over and giving a firm tug on passenger side internal door handle when driving sorts one but drivers side wont go, also speaker next to front windscreen and driver door rattle badly with certain songs)

M1tchy
28-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Never noticed it on mine but I do have rattles. I wouldn't bother mentioning the rattles as Audi are horrendous and can never 'find them'. I have given up asking them and bought some software telling me how to take it apart and fix them myself now. A lot of mine (particularly the HUD) are temperature dependant as to whether you can hear them or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wippa
12-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Did you get a resolution on the idling issue?

Jim Walker
12-08-2014, 03:48 PM
I too have a rattle from the passenger side but never thought much about it but after reading this i seem to notice it all the time now.

M1tchy
12-08-2014, 06:46 PM
If you want a step by step of how to take it apart just PM me your email address and I will send you the diagrams when I get back to the UK in a few days

Audi convert
13-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Did you get a resolution on the idling issue?

Solved with a software update