PDA

View Full Version : Question BiTDI speaker upgrade

M1tchy
25-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Has anyone tried one of these upgraded modules to make the BiTDI sound a bit more beefy? I'm quite interested in getting one but wondered if anyone has experience of it before splashing the cash.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=351030948883

Guest 2
25-06-2014, 06:15 PM
That looks to me one of those gimmicks like those cheap tuning boxes, if you want better sound do it properly and get a Milltek exhaust.

M1tchy
25-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Will that work on a diesel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest 2
25-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Plenty of videos on Youtube but say goodbye to part of your warranty.

@lpher
25-06-2014, 09:31 PM
I must admit i might have been tempted had i had the BiTDi :)
KUFATEC Sound Booster Pro Active Sound Audi A6 4G, A7 4G, SQ5 **40180** DEUTSCH / ENGLISH - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uujyrQD5fsQ)

M1tchy
26-06-2014, 03:50 PM
The kufatec one looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndiye
29-06-2014, 09:15 AM
I've tried one of these boosters, and so far have had no issues at all, but please don't take that as an endorsement mainly because the active sound technology AFAIK is still version 1.0, hasn't been around long enough for anyone to know how it will fair over time. I only have the booster as it was the only way I could get my retrofit setup to work on my car there is a lock in the control module that only allows it to work on the BiTdi A7 without the need for additional components. But it works, the unit I'm using has two sound modes, in drive select - auto it sounds like a regular BiTdi in dynamic mode, and when then you but it in dynamic, it really comes to life . . . . but way way too much for my liking, it's as loud as (no insult intended here) one of those boy racer Subarus, you know one of those with the aftermarket cannon sized exhausts. I'm way too old for that for and that reason I always leave it in auto, the rumble is there nicely understated, no need for announcements, the car does that quite nicely on its own. I do miss the odd naughty dynamic overtake though, so might look into another box that offers more control as in is not soo loud.
It does make me wonder though, if the system can be that loud, what a lot of potential it has in terms of different sounds and volumes, it really surprised me. The first time I put the car in dynamic I was worried to death that I would blow both of the transducers, like you would when you turn a sound amplifier up too high and blow the speakers. I'm still trying to find out more info about the "transducers", logic says they're conventional speakers but of the toughened outdoors variety, but after hearing the noise they can make I'm not so sure. Anybody with some insight on this . . . . . Sorry about the prolonged post.

M1tchy
30-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Ndiye, have you seen or considered this?

http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/index.php?info=11558&page=product&page_action=sound-booster-pro-active-sound-audi-a6-4g-a7-4g&mobile=false

ndiye
30-06-2014, 10:04 PM
M1tchy . . .
Yeah I did look at this but from my understanding it looks like the installation might a little complicated, seems there is a need to install a button somewhere up on the dash console, conjures up tortuous images of removed trim, harness splicing and broken tabs and clips. Not sure I want to wade in that deep. Then there is this new MY2015 on its way, considering a change to something meatier if I can afford it but this time tick all the boxes I missed and regret doing so from last time. Still not to take anything from the said kit, it sounds intriguing and promising, but I think I'll do a wait and see and decide what to do next later and just keep my setup as it is for now.
I'm curious, are you finding the biturbo sound no longer sufficient, as in you've gotten used to it now and that's it's less noticeable now or heard something better or was it always lacking for you from the start? It could be that you're ready for an S7 or perhaps an RS7 and the associated prominent roar and have quite simply outgrown the BiTdi???

ndiye
30-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Ndiye, have you seen or considered this?

Sound Booster Pro Active Sound Audi A6 4G, A7 4G-40180 (http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/index.php?info=11558&page=product&page_action=sound-booster-pro-active-sound-audi-a6-4g-a7-4g&mobile=false)

Hey M1tchy if you'll excuse the slight hijack . . . . . did you notice the traffic sign recognition retrofit kit on that same site, there is some promise there perhaps . . . .:confused::confused:

M1tchy
30-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Yes I saw the button installation too but thought if that's the setup I go for I would find the sound I like and then leave the button in the boot. The setup looked pretty simple to me (it on the video on their website) but I may have missed something.

I'm not bored of the BiTDI sound but think it just lacks something a little meatier sometimes, especially when I heard an R8 the other day! I'd almost like to try before I buy as I don't want to sound like a chav but do want a little more of a rumble. I'm definitely ready for an RS7 but don't think the wife will allow it.

I am really interested in the new A7, but don't think it's financially viable and again she won't let me have one lol. However a few hundred pounds for a sound upgrade and a few more for the sweeping tail indicators of the new A7 and I might be into something.

M1tchy
30-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Hey M1tchy if you'll excuse the slight hijack . . . . . did you notice the traffic sign recognition retrofit kit on that same site, there is some promise there perhaps . . . .:confused::confused:

I did! I have emailed them and they are checking my spec (via my VIN) and will get back to me with what I need to buy / how to do it. Will keep you updated, but as it's pretty much the same price as it would have been new I will probably buy it

ndiye
30-06-2014, 10:25 PM
No I think you're right on the money the install is dead simple, I was just on about the button, it's suggested that the button be installed up front for easy switching from one sound profile to another. But like you said, one could just choose one and go with that and leave the button in the boot, that works too.

soft
01-07-2014, 08:13 AM
I did! I have emailed them and they are checking my spec (via my VIN) and will get back to me with what I need to buy / how to do it. Will keep you updated, but as it's pretty much the same price as it would have been new I will probably buy it

Interesting to hear you experience on this, I consider the active lane assist
and don't know if I need this:
http://www.kufatec.com/shop/en/active-lane-assist-incl-traffic-sign-recognition-audi-a6-a7-4g

or this:
Active Lane Assist incl traffic sign recognition Audi A6, A7 4G-40210 (http://www.kufatec.com/shop/en/audi/a6/a6-4g/active-lane-assist-incl-traffic-sign-recognition-audi-a6-a7-4g)

and what about this?:
Complete Set park steering assistant Audi A7 4G-40178_M (http://www.kufatec.com/shop/en/audi/a7/a7-4g/complete-set-park-steering-assistant-vw-passat-b7)
I seem to have all the HW, does this mean I only need coding to have the auto park??

soft
03-07-2014, 12:19 PM

Did you ever get an answer from them?.

M1tchy
03-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Yes, I got a reply today. They said the kits they sell don't work on A7s with auto lights! I'm almost certain they all have auto lights?

They think they have a product that will work but will get back to me when they are sure.

soft
04-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Yes, I got a reply today. They said the kits they sell don't work on A7s with auto lights! I'm almost certain they all have auto lights?

They think they have a product that will work but will get back to me when they are sure.

I cannot see the logic in that!
I have also asked for help in getting active lane assist, still no reply.
Seems I have all the needed HW, so it should be coding only, but I doubt Audi will do it just like that :-(

M1tchy
12-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Well the boss has allowed me to try the sound module! So I've just bought the kufatec version as it has numerous optional sounds so hopefully it will have so,etching nice and sporty but without being chavvy and too loud. Will update with videos when I get it.