PDA

View Full Version : Regular warranty claims on a B5 Passat

Apollo
18-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Looks like I am going to need yet another driver seatbelt to be fitted under warranty. This one has gone just like the original, after only 20k miles...... it's very s-l-o-w to "snap" back when you have released it.

Seems like a known fault, as the dealer said they had already done loads on the B5.5 model.....

At least the new (under warranty) front wishbones dont seem to be making any unsual clunking like the orginal ones......

And finally........ the boot isn't sticking as badly as it used to......

Any of these sound familiar to anyone else ??

Brilliant car, but you'd think such items wouldn't be an issue given the production timeline..... :confused:

matkavs
18-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Looks like I am going to need yet another driver seatbelt to be fitted under warranty. This one has gone just like the original, after only 20k miles...... it's very s-l-o-w to "snap" back when you have released it.

Seems like a known fault, as the dealer said they had already done loads on the B5.5 model.....

At least the new (under warranty) front wishbones dont seem to be making any unsual clunking like the orginal ones......

And finally........ the boot isn't sticking as badly as it used to......

Any of these sound familiar to anyone else ??

Brilliant car, but you'd think such items wouldn't be an issue given the production timeline..... :confused:

I have only owned my Passat for 6 weeks. It is an 05 plate regd in June 05. My drivers belt does not take in the slack and I have to manually feed the belt back in. Didn't know it was a common fault.

I bought it from a car supermarket (carcraft) it is ex lease car. Am I covered by manufacturer warranty? I have a 2 year parts and labour guarantee with Carcraft, not sure if it covers seat belts! :confused:

Apollo
18-09-2007, 03:12 PM
I have only owned my Passat for 6 weeks. It is an 05 plate regd in June 05. My drivers belt does not take in the slack and I have to manually feed the belt back in. Didn't know it was a common fault.

I bought it from a car supermarket (carcraft) it is ex lease car. Am I covered by manufacturer warranty? I have a 2 year parts and labour guarantee with Carcraft, not sure if it covers seat belts! :confused:

If the seatbelt is not functioning correctly (including reeling back without assistance) then I should not think it could be turned down. I would check with a VW dealer about your car though, as I think it is still under the manufacturer warranty. Also, VW are normally ok about replacing faulty items that are "known" regulars (in my experience).

:beerchug: