PDA

View Full Version : Software updates and Revo

skymaster
18-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Hi

My car had a revo map put on it a while back (3.0 TDI). I am told that if Audi look at the car and carry out 'software updates' this will wipe the map off.

The car is a 2008 model. I wondered if it was worth getting these 'updates' done if they improve things like the MMI and music system (which is a bit flakey) ... I can get the revo put back on for no charge it seems.

Is there any potential problems with this? I did hear that Audi were trying to make chipping the cars more difficult, last thing I would want is an update to wipe the revo and then prevent it going back on...

thoughts?

rafletcher
18-06-2014, 03:57 PM
That's only if you get an ECU update - which is unlikely to be necessary. MMI updates are done via the CD player.

Sparky_143
18-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Hi

My car had a revo map put on it a while back (3.0 TDI). I am told that if Audi look at the car and carry out 'software updates' this will wipe the map off.

The car is a 2008 model. I wondered if it was worth getting these 'updates' done if they improve things like the MMI and music system (which is a bit flakey) ... I can get the revo put back on for no charge it seems.

Is there any potential problems with this? I did hear that Audi were trying to make chipping the cars more difficult, last thing I would want is an update to wipe the revo and then prevent it going back on...

thoughts?

mines a 2008, what updates are available for it

Guest 2
18-06-2014, 06:30 PM
mines a 2008, what updates are available for it

Ring your local dealer, will vary from car to car.

To the OP, most tuners will put the map back on should it be wiped, best asking them.