PDA

View Full Version : very soft air pipe in tdi ,does it need replacing ?

philidelphia
16-06-2014, 07:42 PM
hi all, sorry about my very limited mechanical knowledge of the tdi but thats why im on this site !,anyway , when im driving my 1.9 tdi 2007 in the cabin with windows shut i can hear the nice sound of the whine of the turbo -tho its not really loud ,just a pleasant noise in the background.
years ago when i had a saab 900 turbo the performance went downhill on the saab and it turned out to b a leak in the turbo pipe , so with this in mind i popped the bonnet and checked all the pipes i could get to ,couldnt feel any holes/splits but the pipe to the left of the engine (running from top to bottom ) is very soft rubber- so soft that you can pinch it together with two fingers ,so whats your opinion ? does it need replacing cos its so flexible or is it intended to be this way ?
just like to add that the car runs beautifully with very good pulling power and has been remapped by paul dunford who is one of the forums sponsor and he is a legend for what he has done ,just picking your brains about replacing the hose .cheers all