PDA

View Full Version : Auto 'D' and 'S' mode, HELP

jugghead
08-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Having driving my A6 3.0tdi Le mans saloon for the last 4months now, i'm abit confused about both Auto 'D' and 'S' modes, If i drive in 'D' mode then the car tends to change gear very leisurely although lacks power when overtaking, ok. Now when in 'S' mode the car really takes off, now this is where the 3.0tdi shows its true potential. The issue have when driving in 'S' mode is that car will hold on to the gears, i.e. 3rd gear at 40mph constantly, when i upshift using the steering wheel paddle shifts the car will up-shift to 4th or 5th, although will automatically downshift back to 3rd after a set period. I like the fact that the acceleration is more brutal in 'S' mode although it don't like the fact that it hold on to the lower gear for a indefinitely, therefore I'm chopping and changing constantly between 'S' and 'D' modes which i find annoying. Does anyone know a solution to this, i.e. suitable re-map perhaps.

Guest 2
08-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Nope that's just the way it is and the characteristic of the gearbox.

Unlike DSG gearboxes you can't program these directly. Maybe consider changing the fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk