PDA

View Full Version : Order placed for new A4

rafletcher
05-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Well, for only the second time in my life (and some 30 years after the first time!) I’m buying a new car. I’ve driven new (company) cars as well, but a legacy is allowing me the luxury of my own new car with my own choice of options. Deposit paid 30th May.
It’s an A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI SE Technik Quattro S-Tronic in Tornado Grey Metallic (a new colour this month – so new that the order form said it was “unknown”), with a number of options – leather/alcantara sports seats (fronts heated), convenience pack, parking advanced, B&O stereo, adaptive Xenons, dipping & folding external mirrors, interior light pack, Bluetooth low, privacy glass, 3-spoke mf steering wheel, towbar, sports suspension, oh and some mudflaps! I’ll probably add the storage kit (extending bar and strap) when I pick it up, or off e-bay. (Can’t see it in the accessories catalogue).
I’ll also probably get a service pack as I’d be daft not to use the dealer for service at least initially, and I’ve gone for a 5 year warranty too – maybe over-cautious but hey, I might profit from it. A shame in a way as I liked the local indy (VAG Tune in Aylesbury) but for any VCDS I can still use them, and maybe even an eventual remap, if one’s available for the particular engine variant.
I’d have preferred in some ways to have an S-Line and spec. it up accordingly, as I like the styling, but a) it came out more expensive (the costs of the body kit I guess) and b) the configurator only allows a black/black/black/black interior for S-Line, and I’ve gone for grey/grey/grey/silver to lighten things up a bit.
Not sure I like the 3D look of the new satnav display, but hey, at least it takes 7 digit postcodes now.
I’ve already got a set of winter rims, and will be getting the winter tyres off my A6’s winter wheels swapped over. A bugger that the A6 uses a 57mm spigot and the A4 66mm. So I’ll have 5 17 x 7j ET43 A6 fit alloys for sale soon (reasonably condition, which will fit the Le Mans, as that’s what I have currently)
I’ve also discussed a new vehicle detail with a local detailer using Gtechniq products – for just over half the £399 the dealer wanted for Autoglym Lifeshine prep. That pays for 8-10 hours work from a dedicated individual, not 45 minutes from the dealer’s washer-person. Gap insurance is also something else I’ll arrange outside the dealer, and I’ve no intention of taking their wheel & tyre or scratch insurances either, despite their offering me a “good deal” on a multi-buy!
Got a reasonable deal – used carwow.com to get quotes, and found that one of the participating dealers belonged to the same group as my local dealer – so asked if the local dealer would price match, and they said yes. I’m using Audi Solutions to get the dealer contribution as well (£2000 at the moment), but will be paying it off in full shortly after pick-up, thanks that recent legacy.
No build week yet (I guess that’ll take 3-4 weeks to come through) but the dealer has set the expected delivery as 1st September to catch the new registration and seems confident he’ll make it. Hopefully there won’t be any major hold-ups in the build.
Now all I need a patience!

Boy
05-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Sounds like a treat in store for you.

rafletcher
09-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Update - got a build week of 28, and dealer says they should have it by early August. Then they'll hold on to it and register it 1st September.