PDA

View Full Version : 2000 miles / 2 months

Audi convert
04-06-2014, 07:58 PM
2000 miles / 2 months with my A7

BIG SMILE still but first visit to dealers tomorrow to address lack of TMC function, crazy/confused SAT NAV (new antenna ordered by service dept. and sounds like a common issue) and also confused menu system.

Averaging 38 mpg overall with plenty of spoiler deployment but last couple of days selected 'ECO' mode and returned a healthy 53.9 mpg on 16 mile journey home from work but driving like miss daisy with low revs and no enjoyment!

I have found drivers window embarrassingly squeaky after rain when opening and closing (is this common?) also water pours in if the window is opened when wet (same with boot).

The quartz grey really comes alive in bright direct sunlight and pleased with choice (after numerous black cars) but birds are using my pride and joy for target practice!

I see plenty of A7's on daily commute including a couple more Quartz grey, 2x black, 1x white, 1x silver and a very nice red driven by a blonde lady.

Definitely an Audi convert but a little gutted facelift details already out and wondering if I should have waited.

Audi convert
05-06-2014, 07:31 PM
TMC and NAV issues resolved with software update.

Menu issues in non-English alphabet blamed on IOS 7.1.1?

New issue identified while in and reported by service dept to Audi is where screen fails to retract intermittently when ignition turned off, I had noticed this every few days but not really bothered me.

@mark
06-06-2014, 08:05 AM
TMC and NAV issues resolved with software update.

Menu issues in non-English alphabet blamed on IOS 7.1.1?

New issue identified while in and reported by service dept to Audi is where screen fails to retract intermittently when ignition turned off, I had noticed this every few days but not really bothered me.

The screen problem is a common fault. The mechanism on mine was replaced twice in the period of 18 months. It's common enough for this to be a stock item for dealers

Big Gaz
13-06-2014, 01:40 PM
"New issue identified while in and reported by service dept to Audi is where screen fails to retract intermittently when ignition turned off, I had noticed this every few days but not really bothered me". Mine did the same but it is actually a software update which my dealer has subsequently done and now no issues.