PDA

View Full Version : Clocks and computer display

markcass
17-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi everyone, On my A4 2.8 quattro my clocks are permanently iluminated, even when my headlights are off! Is this normal? Also my computer that tells me outside temp, mpg, range, etc are not working. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem. Cheers

onzarob
17-09-2007, 06:08 PM
the clocks can be programmed to be illuminated all the time or just when the lights are on. I think this can only be done in Vag-com

Is it the centre section not on, if so there is a button on the underside of the stalk that switches it on and off.

markcass
17-09-2007, 06:27 PM
the clocks can be programmed to be illuminated all the time or just when the lights are on. I think this can only be done in Vag-com

Is it the centre section not on, if so there is a button on the underside of the stalk that switches it on and off.

Hi there, thanks for that quick responce. I had actualy just read somewhere else about the button under the wiper stalk. So just been out and tried it and seems to work as the radio station is displayed in the middle of the display but underneath that where everythingelse should be is flashing with abs warning as i belive i have a fault on my abs module which i need to fix asap. So how can i get my clock ilumination display to be off when i havent got my headlights on?
Cheers Mark

onzarob
17-09-2007, 08:06 PM
well you need to get someone to use vag-com to change the setting by connecting to the ecu of the car. I not sure which bit needs changing but I'm looking into it;)