PDA

View Full Version : Remote central locking/opening problems

adam1000
17-09-2007, 05:26 PM
My Remote key locks the car and activates the alarm perfectly fine, however it will not unlock the doors or switch of the alarm, i have to use the key!

Can anyone help, any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks

Adam

onzarob
17-09-2007, 06:13 PM
I would think its the remote fob has a faulty button. A new one from Audi will cost £160+. you can get one from ebay with the same part number and match it in manually. The keys are 2 parts, the remote half and then the immobiliser/key front part. just replace the new back part and match it in manually, instructions can be found in the how to section.

adam1000
18-09-2007, 02:54 PM
No it is not a faulty button as both sets of keys do not work. COuld it be a faulty motor or fuse blown on the opening mechanism.

adam1000
19-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Where is the How to section? Any ideas of which fuse needs to be replaced for the opening motor? Or do i simply need to go one by one through all the fuses.

onzarob
19-09-2007, 09:52 AM
The Central locking is controlled by a Central locking pump, i would imagine the fuse is in the fuse box, you user manual should tell you which one is link to the central locking, But if it had gone i wouldn't expect the car to close or open using the fob.

Look here for key related threads

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10867