PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tom will not work!

scotty2hotty83
28-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Hello All

Please help! My old Tom Tom was not picking any signal up in my 2014 Audi A3 SLine, so I got a new one! Which then struggles/gets no GPS signal!

It is up to date.
Both work in other cars, neither do in my new one.

Just got a re radiating antenna which I placed on roof of car, plugged in to ciggy lighter and had other end next to Sat Nav - Still nothing!

Does anyone know anything about it please? Audi and TomTom are saying nothing but its driving me insane as need it for work!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Guest 2
28-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Where do you have the nav placed? I assume no factory nav?

scotty2hotty83
28-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Tried bottom right and bottom centre.

Doesnt make a difference!

Just have my tom tom!

james_tiger_woo
01-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Does your phone have Nav - can it receive signal? Have you tried it with the car turned off? Sounds like you might need to eliminate the possibility of interference as a starter...

steverobertsbbc
09-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Does your phone have Nav - can it receive signal? Have you tried it with the car turned off? Sounds like you might need to eliminate the possibility of interference as a starter...
Yes, absolutely agree. Does it work whilst running on internal batteries with the car turned off for a start? If yes, then turn the car on - does it still work? If not, the first thing I would do is to unplug anything you have plugged into internal power sockets, particularly phone chargers, USB adaptors and the like. A lot of these (particularly pound shop and eBay cheapos) do not contain the correct filtering components and produce massive amounts of wideband radio frequency noise, radiating up the cable and wiping out radio and satellite reception.