PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Driver door won't open.

dbooker89
26-05-2014, 01:21 AM
Hi guys, need help.

Unlock the doors with electronic key fob and I hear the clunk, however when I go to open the drivers door, it won't. All the other doors will but not the drivers. It opens fine from the inside but not the outside.

Bit of background for you, drove through, what you could consider a small lake by the size of it, but realistically a large puddle which I underestimated, it ripped off the protective plastic under the car. Drivers side, (the one which covers the fuel line). This happened the day before, had to call out RAC as had no tools on me. They removed the guard and inspected for further damage but couldn't find anything. Have also driven it 3 times since the mishap and no problem with door until now.
Also engine is idling a bit rougher than before the mishap.

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdallas
26-05-2014, 08:32 AM
sounds like the lock cable is jamemd (external door release cable). this happebed to me in the rear, except I had child locks on so was difficuilt to rectify. remove the door card and investigte. I had ot buy a new cable but was only 9 quid.

Stonner
26-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Does the key inside the central locking key fob open the drivers door? I believe the owners manual has info on this technique to get into the car.

dbooker89
26-05-2014, 12:38 PM
It unlocks the car doors but still can't open the drivers door.

gdallas
26-05-2014, 12:40 PM
It'll be the locking cable for that external handle. They jam

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dbooker89
26-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Does it have to be replaced or will it unjam like most things in life? I'm not extremely hands on when it comes to cars, I get in and drive it lol.

gdallas
26-05-2014, 01:16 PM
it may unjam, mine often did, but then sometime later it may happen again so probably best replacing. its an easy diy fix though. doorpanel off, cable removed, new one back in, door panel back on. its at rev B now, my local Audi said they had issues with REv A, particuallry on the A5. same cable though so maybe just their experience. this is the cbale here. it might be worth checking that this is the issues firsth tho by inspection, as it could also be the lock mech. fyi, the conditions that used to make mine jam were my kids attempting to open the handle at the same time as i keyfob ulock the car.

AUDI A4 A5 TT DOOR LOCK RELEASE CABLE 4H0837099B NEW GENUINE AUDI PART | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-A5-TT-DOOR-LOCK-RELEASE-CABLE-4H0837099B-NEW-GENUINE-AUDI-PART-/141230030939?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20e1f7405b)

gdallas
26-05-2014, 01:21 PM
also have a look at my thread, and post 7. You will see a before and after jam. This is what I think might be up with yours. help locating a part number (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?153862-help-locating-a-part-number)