PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 - Intercooler pipe popped off and Power Loss - FIX

noddy91
25-05-2014, 09:12 PM
today a friend of mine bought me his audi after the intercooler pipe popped off (short "L" shaped one on passenger side) after I replaced it he went on his way, received a phone call from him saying there was no power.
he bought it back and I connected VAGCOM, there weren't any warning light's but from vagcom I got "P0234 or something saying boost pressure regulation - Over boost

first thing that ame to mind was turbo vanes. when I checked the vanes, the lever was sticking slightly, so I cleaned the vanes.
replaced turbo actuator because it didn't feel too good (£20) second hand
test drove the car it felt better but over boost popped again.
last and final I checked was boost pressure sensor. removed It and cleaned it.
BINGO car started running perfect with lots of power.

So before jumping in for turbo vanes, check boost pressure sensor, make sure it isn't covered in crap

jonathanfenton
05-06-2014, 07:06 PM
Where is the pressure sensor located? I blew this pipe, well the clip snapped and I replaced pipe and clip but feel like its a tad under powered?

noddy91
08-06-2014, 11:48 PM
Hi mate, sorry for the late reply.. If you get under the car, where the pipe popped off from.. There will be a plastic pipe. Same diameter as the rubber one, its close to the radiator.. If you can post a picture of your engine bay il circle it out for you

Eugheugh
24-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Boost Pressure sensor - is that the MAP sensor ?. thanks