PDA

View Full Version : Last minute haggle extras?!

willie ralston
25-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Hi guys, looking for some extra advice please!
Going to look at a used A7 tomorrow at dealers, have done a deal over the phone regards the car, part exchange, gap insurance, full tank of fuel, privacy glass, ami cable and service; and I've put a deposit on it to hold the car till I see it and am happy to take it.
Is there any other things that I could squeeze in at the last minute before I sign on the dotted line if I'm happy with everything, like getting next service/mot free, autogylm products, merchandise etc, or is that pushing it as the deal is sort of done over the phone and they've given me a copy of invoice through post?
Also they're wanting £499 for gap insurance, but looking online there seems to be better deals out there, so wasn't going to bother with it in the deal and get it after.
What other little extras could I wangle in?!
Tried to get them to change wheels for black edition ones and fit reverse camera, but they said no for the wheels due to warrenty claim/manufacturer spec and the cost of fitting the camera themselves (even though there's other company's that do it for cheaper!)
It is a July 2011 A7 tdi, 245 sline with 5 segment alloys and tech pack, but has done 42500 miles, they've knocked a bit off it already, basically given me what's above for less than what it priced was on website

Guest 2
25-05-2014, 04:18 PM
They'll not retrofit anything that isn't factory approved.

Get some Audi branded merch, mugs, umbrella, coat etc.

Gap insurance is cheaper online so ask them to match it or get elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kamark
25-05-2014, 05:49 PM
If you don't mind how much you are paying for it. I am also looking for one.

zollaf
25-05-2014, 07:01 PM
in my world, you do the deal , pay a deposit and thats that. haggling after isn't allowed unless the car is not as described. you can have what you want though, as long as you are prepared to pay for it.

jk88
25-05-2014, 07:10 PM
I bought GAP insurance for my A7 for £165 (3 years, £20k cover), so £499 obviously a joke. As the warranty will expire in July, I'd push for a year's extension if not already included in the deal. Age and mileage suggest price should be sub £25k with the extras thrown in.

Tackled
25-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Gap insurance on a used car is a waste of time anyhow, your insurance should be paying market value in the event of write off, so as long as you are not paying more than market for the car itself, what's it going to help you with? In my opinion, it s the PPI of the future!

jk88
26-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Gap insurance on a used car is a waste of time anyhow, your insurance should be paying market value in the event of write off, so as long as you are not paying more than market for the car itself, what's it going to help you with? In my opinion, it s the PPI of the future!Can't see how GAP insurance is any less valid on a used car - it's designed to cover the difference between the payout (market value or whatever the insurance company thinks it can get away with) and what you paid for it ie the depreciation. So two years into ownership of a £50k plus car, this could be quite a sum and for the relatively small premium (as long as you don't buy it from Audi), has some merit. However, as with any non-compulsory insurance, there is always an argument for and against.

Tackled
26-05-2014, 07:34 AM
It pays the VAT on a new car.
The biggest depreciation day for any car (ok, with the exception of Astons etc which appreciate due to lengthy lead times and scarcity) is the day the first owner drives it out of the garage. This example is 3 years old, value will have stabilised.

M1tchy
26-05-2014, 09:08 AM
I think if the deal is already done then you are pretty much done and dusted. However if the car isn't as stated (mine wasn't) I then got some cleaning products, two umbrellas, an sline jacket and they fixed the kerbed wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk