PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Looking at 2005 1.9 TDI SE 3dr 150,000 miles...any tips on what to look for please

Froggat
22-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Hi Guys, looking for your help please. My daughter has found an A3 she fancies and I am hoping you good people can point me in the right direction :1zhelp: The car in question is a 2005 1.9tdi se 3dr manual with 150,000 miles on the clock and has service history,not sure if FSH. Before I contact the seller I would like to know what to look for and other important questions such as cambelt changed etc. Any advice would be gratefully received. Regards Mark

micheal balbrig
22-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Just a few weak points to look out for.

Check that all instruments read correctly, fuel gauge, speedo, rev counter. Speedo units are known to give problems.
Check all doors operate with key / fob.
If any vibrations in engine or driving, it may point to failing dmf.
Check for rust bubbles under paint on roof rails and under bonnet.
Check a/c operation.
Hopefully none of these will be found. (and apart from rust problem, none of these problems should put you off as they are repairable)
Expect to get 51-61 mpg.
A very good choice of car. Best of luck with it if purchased.

Froggat
22-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Cheers Michael
are the clocks and gauges digital ?
what do you think about 150,000 miles ?
thanks
mark

micheal balbrig
22-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Hello Mark
150k is nothing to be concerned about on a well maintained engine,assuming the proper lubricants are used.
Should be capable of another 150k miles.
The clocks, well I think there may be a mixture.
My problem was fuel reading empty when there was plenty of fuel in tank.
Miles per hour were incorrect.
Odometer was erratic
As far as I remember rev counter was also faulty.
Michael.

Froggat
23-05-2014, 01:34 AM
Hi Michael
appreciate your help
regards
Mark

Anchco
24-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Divers side door arm rest maybe cracking, gloves box may fall open and no light come on inside it