PDA

View Full Version : Battery drain

nickasaki
17-07-2006, 08:35 AM
O.K now i'm getting mad :zx11: , If i leave my car parked up for more than 2 days when i come to start it, it has a flat battery, I have put a new battery on ( also had it checked and it fine ) the charging system has been checked and that too is fine, as far as i can see everything switches off (interior lights,nav unit,clocks,hazard warning switch ) It makes no differance if the car is locked (alarm on) or un-locked (alarm off) if anybody has sufferd the same problem and knows what caused it please reply.......Thanks:1zhelp: buy the way the car is a 2002 A4 B6 Quattro Avant,non Bose sound system

wanstronian
27-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Hi, did you ever get a solution to this problem? My car recently failed to start after a 3-day break. I'm getting the battery tested and maybe replaced today, but if it's not that I haven't a clue where to go next!

sanstorm999
27-09-2006, 04:37 PM
HI
It sounds like you may have short-circuit somewhere and in the absence of testing equipment. You could try removing a Fuse from the most likely circuit.

eg. Interior light circuit, alarm, cigarette lighter etc.

If the drain continues after this I would have to think again, but hopefully you will identyfy the faulty item using that method.

Also you could check all earth connections are clean and debris/rust free especially in the engine compartment.

I hope this helps

S9 :D

nickasaki
29-09-2006, 02:54 PM
I have found out what the problem was, I have up-graded the Radio/CD player to a Navigation RSN-E unit and the connector lead had one wire in the wrong position this was causing the Amp to powerd all the time ,so a simple task of swapping a wire . All the best with your problem....Nick

paul20v
01-10-2006, 01:51 PM
i know you have checked alt for charging have you checked it for batt drain alternaters have been known to drain bat on several different cars just a thought