PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Intemitent Imobiliser and Loss Of Power When Accelerating

anthutchins
18-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Hello All,

Any information/advise would be great ful!

Ive got an MK4 Golf and I've had starting problems over the past few months. In the morning it takes about 3 turns for it to finally start, fine any other time of day!

Had it plugged in, and it's come back as an Intemitent Imobiliser fault. Don't want to take it to Volkswagen as they charge over the moon and back - local garage has said best way to fix it is to find a dash, key and barrel from same model etc... any one know?

Also when accelerating I have no power what so ever. The throttle is very throaty and there's a rattling (sounds very tinny) when accelerating?

Please anyone?

kite
19-05-2014, 08:38 AM
An immobiliser fault allows the engine to start then cuts out. Do you get a flashing key symbol on the dash ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

anthutchins
19-05-2014, 09:04 AM
No lights on the dash, starts after about 3 turns, and then drives fine, but there is a huge loss of power? I could walk fast than what it drives

kite
19-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Post up your engine code which can be found in the service book or on a sticker in the spare wheel well.
Scan for faults again.
Look on the VCDS map for a member in your area.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk