PDA

View Full Version : Slip ring removal help

blake1312
15-05-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm getting closer to fitting my mfsw with paddle change at last and have sourced a breakers yard who is doing a deal on module,cruise stalk, trim and the slip ring.

i have read somewhere that removing the slip ring has to be done in a certain way, how do you make sure it stays alined etc.

any other tips would be great, I take it that if I'm getting all the above parts from the same car then they should work fine?

warp_speed
16-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Slip ring is held on by 4 clips and it can only be fitted in one way. The ring has a locating hole where you fit the plastic peg on the receiving end into. Unless you turn the wheel a full 360 I don't think you will have problems ensuring it’s lined up. Once you have it fitted the stability light will come on, just drive around until it calibrates itself and jobs good. You will also need to program various modules telling them about the new toys fitted. You will need a VCDS to do that.

blake1312
16-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Cheers for clearing that up, also is it true that the b6 model is not suitable with the b7's slip ring?

warp_speed
20-05-2014, 10:53 AM
couldn't comment but I think they are different because the B7's use a two stage airbag which probably uses different pin than the single stage airbag used in the B6's. Would stick with the generation for the car.