PDA

View Full Version : Audi Lying Again

AGW82
14-05-2014, 08:48 AM
So it's not just fuel consumption they are willing to mislead on... Disappointing :(

BBC News - Audi 'lied' about safety testing of vehicles (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27392157)

zollaf
14-05-2014, 10:34 AM
because you buy an r8 for its ncrap rating ????

AGW82
14-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Obviously.. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Eshrules
14-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Hmm. This strikes me as less Audi lying, more morons believing every word to come out of the mouth of a salesman. If an estate agent tells you the house you're looking at is security and energy rated, you'd check that information before paying for it?

AGW82
14-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Hmm. This strikes me as less Audi lying, more morons believing every word to come out of the mouth of a salesman. If an estate agent tells you the house you're looking at is security and energy rated, you'd check that information before paying for it?

It is quite amazing how many people are happy to be spoon fed and just accept what they're told. Equally I suppose it's a moral issue for the person giving the info, when they know the other person believes and trusts in what they are being told.

zollaf
14-05-2014, 11:37 AM
as do people who think that ncap has anything to actually do with how safe a vehicle is. when you look into it you realise that ncap is just a load of nonsense to get us all driving little poxy euroboxes thinking that a bus can drive over us without doing any harm.
its the same as the official ful figures, done in a lab on a rolling road, no wind resistance, no actual driving conditions. its all down to the eu.
sorry, is this a thread designed to drum up support for ukip ??

AGW82
14-05-2014, 12:39 PM
is this a thread designed to drum up support for ukip ??

Who's UKIP... ;)

Definitely no politics here... Just Audi not doing themselves any favors again.. Do MB and BMW have these kinds of issues as I can't recall seeing anything of particular note.

zollaf
14-05-2014, 01:27 PM
what is this ​BMW and MB you refer to ????

AGW82
14-05-2014, 01:33 PM
what is this ​BMW and MB you refer to ????

Apparently they are a car manufacturer who offer an alternative to those less informed folk who haven't brought an Audi.. It's sad I know but we can't save them all...

passman
15-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Do you buy a car because it has a rating for safety, I don't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zollaf
15-05-2014, 04:16 PM
only if you are buying a french people carrier to carry a hoard of screaming brats about.

rafletcher
16-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Who's UKIP... ;)

Definitely no politics here... Just Audi not doing themselves any favors again..

Wrong. It's some Audi franchised dealership salespersons lying, or just not bothering to be informed. Nothing to do with Audi. Their literature makes no false claims.

Eshrules
16-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Wrong. It's some Audi franchised dealership salespersons lying, or just not bothering to be informed. Nothing to do with Audi. Their literature makes no false claims.

Wrong.

Audi UK made the same claims - I'm guessing you didn't watch the programme either?

man le-mans
17-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Someone was telling me the other day about this NCAP rating that Audi's are not the 5 star rating they are said to be. Does anyone know the truth and what cars this includes

Guest 2
17-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Audi Lying Again (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?157748-Audi-Lying-Again&highlight=Zollaf)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickPicks
19-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Some dealers have been telling customers that they have a 5 star rating on soem models (The A5 / A7 and some others), but ENCAP haven't actually tested these models. Since they're based on models which are 5 star rated, there's no reason to think they wouldn't pass, but they jsut haven't been tested.

I was surprised as I thought it was a requirement to have them tested.

zollaf
19-05-2014, 05:50 PM
when the difference between a 4 and 5 rating is whether the car has a sticker on the dashboard saying its got an airbag, its no wonder not everyone gets their car tested. to me its just a con to sell people safe cars that they wouldn't normally touch, like small french things.