PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 Auto Gearbox .

harry harrison
16-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Hello to everybody. This is my first posting so apologies if its in the wrong section. I have just bought my first Audi being a 1998 A6 tdi with an Auto gearbox. The A6 has done 104k miles and had some known faults. The faults i have repaired i will post with details of how i repaired the climate control and convenience control unit. One fault remains with my auto gearbox,it takes an age to go up through the gears and i have to get the revs upto 3500rpm. Also it wont go into its final gear and wont go above 75mph. I have done a vag com test and the dtc codes are showing(1) 00281 P0003 speed sensor-G68 permanent.(2) 00652 P0155 Transmission range controller,intermittent. Am looking at a new gearbox Or is it an easy repair. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks, Harry.

segun
06-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Hi Harry, I had a similar problem with my 1996 A6 sometime ago and it was fixed at the garage in less than 20mins. If you usually traverse rough/muddy or off-road-like terrain, you may encounter this issue. While u may go ahead and check ur tranmission oil, the problem usually is with the sensors on the rear or front wheels. The car comes with 4 sensors each to a wheel, there is either a disconnection or a total rip off. Once reconnected, you car will transmit normally. All the best, Segun.