PDA

View Full Version : Please Help XCarLink A4 B8 with Concert Radio

jamin128
08-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Has anyone fitted an XCarLink to an A4 B8 with a concert radio?

I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find the answer to:

1. What is the acc wire for? I have plugged the interace into the radio and it powers up ok.

2. How do I get the mode button to work? I read somewhere about can low and high on the air con wiring!!!

Thanks in advance :-)

hsmithboy30
08-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Hi
i fitted the xcarlink to my a4 with concert radio. I used it for a reversing camera. I didn't need to use the ACC wire so just taped it up. As the reverse camera only powers up when I select reverse I haven't needed to use the mode button but I believe you have to hold the mode button down on the steering wheel for 2 seconds to scroll through the modes

hope this helps any other questions let me know

jamin128
08-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Evening, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I have tried the mode button and it doesn't work. I had read on another post that you need need connect into the air con wiring for some reason!!!

hsmithboy30
08-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Not heard about that but check this link there's tons of info about installation maybe something can help you here

XCarLink questions, tips, tricks, and issues! (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/367962-XCarLink-questions-tips-tricks-and-issues)!

jamin128
08-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Cheers, think that's where I read about connecting into the high/low can on the air con.

mina08
09-05-2014, 05:32 AM
Subscribed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derbyracer
12-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Cheers, think that's where I read about connecting into the high/low can on the air con.
The acc wire gives you 12v to connect another accessory. If you don't have anything either tape it up or cut it off.
You should be able to switch between displays either using the xcarlink mode switch or by a long press on the left hand steering wheel button (the one that works the phone). The reverse camera screen will activate if you connect 12v to the signal wire ( I think mine was a green wire) The screens will only display if you have enabled them using the dip switches on the side of the xcarlink unit
i had some interference on the screen when charging my iphone and had to add some filters to the charging power supply.
I also had some hissing on the audio from my iphone which turned out to be due to me using a fake iphone video adaptor cable. A genuine apple cable sorted this .
Reverse camera now works great and satnav from my iphone

jamin128
12-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Evening derbyracer,

Thanks for your help :-)

Still can't get the mode button on the steering wheel to work :-(