PDA

View Full Version : B&O Soundsystem: Slight Incompatibility with B8 Build Quality?

Embisix
08-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Don't know if anyone else has noticed this.

Although the B&O system delivers very good sound, deep athmospheric bass and so on, the B8's interior solidity seems to be a significant step backwards over the B6/B7.

This became evident yesterday when I selected a bit of Trentmøller on the iPod. I'm not sure if anyone here is familiar with this Danish artist's work, but let's just say he likes his deep bass.

I noticed no distortion from the B&O speakers or sub, but by crikey the front door cards didn't like it much! The door pockets were completely empty so it wasn't any contents vibrating....

My old B6 QS had the (fantastic) Bose system and I could play what I liked, as loud as I liked and not a peep from the interior trim.

I must say I'm a little disappointed. Not the end of the world as all I need to do is turn the volume down a bit, but it has exposed another bit of cost-cutting in the construction of the later model....

markp306
08-05-2014, 10:02 PM
My old B6 QS had the (fantastic) Bose system and I could play what I liked, as loud as I liked and not a peep from the interior trim.

Yes, I'll second that. I had a B6 cabrio with Bose a few years back.

The B&O is a worthwhile option, but I think I preferred the sound of the Bose setup in B6 too. More Bass.
Sorry - haven't heard of Trentmøller but tend to play jazz/funk and soul........loud. (Wife thinks I'm stuck in the 80s).

allanmb
09-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Yup, I've noticed this too :(

I had Bose in my B7 which started off fine but eventually the door cards started creaking a little under deep bass. My B8.5 is brand new and already does it! I must say the Bose was more bass heavy but the B&O has much better clarity. I really like it other than the vibrating door cards!

Embisix
09-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Ran my B6 for 5 years and never had a single creak, rattle or buzz from the interior no matter how loud the music was. The B8, although a lovely place to sit, just doesn't feel anywhere near as sorted on th inside.

Launched in 2008 just as the global financial crisis was kicking off. Coincidence?

Audi.Quattro
09-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Mine (B8.5) is not too bad, but stick Leftism on and it rattles like crazy, it should be better IMHO

glendog74
11-05-2014, 01:36 PM
I've never been particularly blown away by the B&O system in our car either - doesn't serve up quite the performance we were expecting. :(

allanmb
11-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Bose or b&o?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Embisix
11-05-2014, 06:10 PM
The B&O does the business (it's much punchier with surround turned off btw), it's just that the interior can't handle it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

glendog74
12-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Bose or b&o?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Sorry - B&O, lol!