PDA

View Full Version : Question A4 2.0 TDI Service 40K - How Much?

dsnotts
08-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Hi Guys n Gals, the technik is coming up for 38K and so i ring the local dealers and get a price...first quote i get for this 40K (major/longlife service - inlcusive of oil, oil filter, pollen filter, fuel filer) + inspection is £540 -ish - 'how much?! i said, 'oh its a big service so ...la-di-dah etc' - ok. So i call the other Audi garage 40 miles away and i get a quote for £340 - i'm promised its the same service, long life Audi recommended oil, genuine parts etc - both Audi approved dealerships - just 40-45 miles apart...how is this possible???

PomcaT
09-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Have you contacted C&R Enterprises in Nottingham?

magt1000
10-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Hi Guys n Gals, the technik is coming up for 38K and so i ring the local dealers and get a price...first quote i get for this 40K (major/longlife service - inlcusive of oil, oil filter, pollen filter, fuel filer) + inspection is £540 -ish - 'how much?! i said, 'oh its a big service so ...la-di-dah etc' - ok. So i call the other Audi garage 40 miles away and i get a quote for £340 - i'm promised its the same service, long life Audi recommended oil, genuine parts etc - both Audi approved dealerships - just 40-45 miles apart...how is this possible???

One dealership want your business and the other one doesn't?!? :D

£340 sounds about right - £540 is daylight robbery.

dsnotts
13-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Thanks guys, but yeah completely agree - i can't believe that this kind of 'woolliness' still goes on.

i've now booked with the one 40 miles away, almost saving myself £200. I did get a msg back from Audi UK when i raised it with i.e. how much and why can't my local match another approved dealer - and the response was basically that its at the Service Managers discretion - like u say i'd be foolish to pay that.

In this day and age of competitive pricing - and they keep going on about 'menu pricing'...