PDA

View Full Version : Other VCDS mods

tomhoward7
08-05-2014, 02:00 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if any of these VCDS mods exist.

Control of the spoiler with the remote.
Sticky spoiler button (i.e. the spoiler stays up and doesn't go down automatically)
Spoiler time before automatically lowering

Also I was wondering if when you get near the car with the key in your pocket are the doors suppose to unlock automatically (without pressing any buttons on the remote)? I saw it in a video and was wondering if it was standard.

Thanks very much

M1tchy
08-05-2014, 07:08 AM
The spoiler can't be changed I'm afraid, it's a safety feature (to give more downforce at speed) and I assume that's why it can't be done. If it's always up, you will just increase your fuel usage and some prat will end up ripping it off one day.

The auto doors depends on which option you have as standard. You either have the system where you walk upto that car, leave your key on your pocket and pull the door to open it, then press the little button to lock it. Or, the standard feature is to unlock the car by pressing the button on the remote and then leave your key in your pocket to start the engine. Locking the car is also by remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomhoward7
08-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Okay thanks for the info on the spoiler.

Here is a picture of my door handle. Does it have the automatic unlock? If not what is that button?

Thanks again

M1tchy
08-05-2014, 07:10 PM
That's standard on all A7s. If your car has the auto lock you touch that to lock the door. To test it unlock your car, keep your key in your pocket and then touch that button. If it locks you have the advanced key, if not you dont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk