PDA

View Full Version : Passat B7 Executive Style

howieleem
07-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Has anyone seen an Executive Style B7 on the road yet?

rjt64
08-05-2014, 03:49 PM
How would you recognize one?
There are so many slightly different varieties of Passat on the road...

howieleem
08-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Executive style has the 18" wheels, led and halogen all round. Tinted rear 3 windows, black roof rails and 15mm lower. I have not seen one yet so must be such a new model that has yet to appear on the roads. I have ordered one.

Standard specification:

12-year body protection warranty
12V socket in luggage compartment
12V socket in rear centre console
3 rear 3 point seat belts
3 rear head restraints
3 Year paintwork warranty
3 Year/60000 mile warranty
ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
Alarm with interior protection
Alloy wheels, 18" 'Kansas'
Automatic boot unlocking
Automatic coming/leaving home lighting
Automatic dimming rear-view mirror
Automatic dimming, electrically adjustable and heated Door mirrors
Bag hook in luggage compartment
Black 'Vienna' Leather
Black radiator grille with chrome louvres
Bluetooth telephone preparation
Body coloured door handles
Body coloured door mirrors
Brushed stainless steel inlays on dash and centre console
Carpet mats front and rear
Chrome exterior door and rear bumper trims
Chrome front bumper trim
Chrome side window surrounds
Chrome trim on tailgate
Chrome trimmed fog light surrounds
Chrome-plated instruments and air vent surrounds
Climate control - 2zone
Convenience Pack
Cruise control
Cup holders with covers, front x2
Curtain airbag system
DAB digital radio receiver
Desert Beige 'Vienna' Leather with beige carpet
Desert Beige 'Vienna' Leather with black carpet
Disc brakes, front and rear
Door side impact protection
Driver alert system
Driver's and front passenger's airbag
Driver's and front passenger's head restraint
Driver's seat with electric 6-way adjustment
Drivers and front passengers seat height adjustment
Electric windows, front and rear
Electronic engine immobiliser
Electronic parking brake
ESC (Electronic Stability Control), including ASR and EDL
Espresso 'Vienna' Leather
Front centre armrest with storage compartment
Front comfort seats
Front fog lights
Front passenger's seat with height and lumbar adjustment
Front seat side impact airbags
Front seats with lumbar adjustment
Full size alloy spare wheel
Galvanised body
Gas discharge (Bi-Xenon) dipped, main beam headlights and front fog lights
Gliding function
Glovebox
Headlight range adjustment
Heat insulating green tinted glass
Heat insulating, tinted glass from B pillar backwards
Heated front seats
Heated rear window
Height-adjustable front seatbelts
High level 3rd brake light
Hill hold function
Illuminated vanity mirrors
Interior lighting front and rear
Isofix child seat prep, outer rear
Leather 3 spoke wheel + gear knob
LED Number plate lights
Load lashing points x4
Load-through provision
MDI with USB and aux-in
Multifunction computer
Multifunction steering wheel
Parking sensors, front and rear
Power assisted steering
Press and drive key
Rain sensor with intermittent windscreen wiper control
Reading Lights, front x2
Rear fog light
Rear seat centre armrest with storage compartment and two cup holders
Remote central locking
Rigid safety cell
RNS 315 touch-screen navigation/radio system
Seatbelt warning light/buzzer
Split folding rear seat backrests
Start stop with brake energy recuperation
Storage compartment front passengers door 1.5ltr bottle
Storage compartment in drivers door 1.0ltr bottle
Storage compartment in roof console
Storage compartments in luggage area
Storage pockets on front seat backrests
Storage tray in centre console
Tyre pressure loss indicator
Volkswagen Roadside Assistance
Warning light for low washer fluid
Warning lights for open boot lid and doors
Warning reflector on all doors
Warning triangles
White instrument lighting
Windscreen wipers with intermittent wipe and 4 position delay

rjt64
08-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Executive style has the 18" wheels, led and halogen all round. Tinted rear 3 windows, black roof rails and 15mm lower. I have not seen one yet so must be such a new model that has yet to appear on the roads. I have ordered one.

Well I have a Executive Estate, that also has tinted rear windows, black roof rails, but not lowered etc etc :confused:

As it came de-badged, it could really be anything :D

Eshrules
09-05-2014, 07:36 AM
I think what RJT was saying is that it'll be pretty hard to spot one amongst the crowd of passats on our roads. I'm not sure you can spot a 15mm ride height difference on a moving car all that easily.

Steven715
25-05-2014, 04:50 PM
I am in the process of buying a ex showroom executive style passat not registered has 15.7 miles on the clock and has a few extras rear heated seats heated front screen and manual sun blinds in the back. Colour mfd. and electric folding mirrors. 2.0 140 bhp engine.
I can't wait it's replacing my 1.6 B7 sport http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/25/uhypy2ap.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/25/ahy6epub.jpg

Steve.

howieleem
25-05-2014, 06:13 PM
24608It looks good in that colour. Mine arrives mid June, std exec style 177 tdi in Night Blue. Had second thoughts about the colour. It looks good under bright showroom lights but in daylight it looks a bit dull.

Steven715
25-05-2014, 08:13 PM
I would love that colour but unfortunately I did not get a choice this will be my 4th silver car. Oh well I think that colour you have would look great in the sun. I see a car outside the showroom it's called iron grey the photos don't do it any justice but looks very nice under the sun light has a very light blue to it.

Steve.
Passat 1.6 TDI sport estate Bluemotion
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/258698.png (http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Steven715/passat-2)

rjt64
27-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Hard to tell on the photos, but I assume the car is Autumn brown, which is the colour I have got on my Passat Executive Estate.
I think it suits the car.

Mine has black roof bars too-which brings me back to my original question: How could you tell a Passat Executive Estate from a Passat Executive Style Estate ?

I don't think you could.

Steven715
27-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Mine is Tungsten silver slightly darker than the reflex silver.
As to how to tell the executive has tinted windows as standard you can only have Michigan 18" alloy wheels again hard to spot on a moving car. A passat sport has the rear tinted windows and the silver roof bars if that's any help. You also have bi-xenon lights to and rear LEDs but again this could have been an extra on other models.

Steve.

Steven715
27-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Opps just re-read your post please ignore my last post as it does not answer your question. Steve.

Steve.
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/258698.png (http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Steven715/passat-2)

Steven715
01-06-2014, 07:16 PM
I have just uploaded some pictures of my new passat on another forum for those of you that are interested. 2014 UK Passat estate Executive style 2.0 140BHP - TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=416041)

Enjoy

Steve.

redhearse
06-06-2014, 08:47 PM
I've just got one. :-)

redhearse
06-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Ive got one so......Its got 18 inch Kansas Alloys, LED front driving lights AND rear lights and Bi-xenons. Privacy glass at the back. Suspension is lowered by 15mm so looks very slightly lower that a normal Passat. Its very very similar to the R-line that was built at the end of last year (a tiny difference in body spoilers), but the Executive style DOES NOT have the small R-line badge on the front grill (near the RHS front light). What is hugely different is the inside. You get leather/ sat nav/ heated seats all as standard, so unless an R-line is massive specced up it will be the Executive style. It looks very nice on the road :-)
The normal Executive looks, and is, identical to the old Highline (17 inch alloys/ normal lights) but comes with leather/ heated seats and heated front washers for £200 more. I've not driven a "normal" Passat but the ride is slightly worse that the Skoda Superb i owned for 3 years, but the sports suspension doesn't half make it run flatter in the corners, so overall I prefer it. The Executive styles are still rare, I've only seen mine about, but I'm sure there will be quite a few about before the B8 appears later on in the year.

redhearse
06-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Massive difference with the lights. Executive has halogen daytime driving lights at the bottom of the grill at the front. The Executive style has Bi-xenon as standard and the daytime driving lights are LED's which form a U shape around the main driving lights, each side of the front grill. At the rear all the lights are brighter and are LED's so these are obvious too. If the car is driving slow enough the Executive style has 18 inch Kansas alloys, while the exec has 17 inch ones (Michigan ones i think - multi spoke), which are identical to the old Highline models. Hope this helps you spot the difference.

Steven715
07-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Talking to the dealer the other week the executive has taken over the highline.

Slightly off topic though does anyone know what the halogen Day running lights do on the executive style as the bulbs are there but I have not got them to light up.

Steve.

redhearse
07-06-2014, 07:19 PM
They should be on all the time. Oddly enough my wives skoda fabia had a service and the daytime lights didn't work afterwards. Very strange, but you can turn them off manually. I think it was in the fuse box, but it was down to the right of the drivers steering wheel ( i know it will be different in the passat, but it could be in a cubby hole somewhere...) but someone had turned them off during the service (garage swore blind they didn't do it), so flicked the switch on and hey presto they were good to go.

Steven715
08-06-2014, 06:55 AM
I should have been more clear I have the LED running lights in the headlights and there is also bulbs where the halogen daytime running lights go the LED ones are on like they should be but what I was wondering if the halogen day running lights light up at all I can't believe vw will put in bulbs and wiring etc for something that is not used and is on display.

Back to the original question for the op I am sure I see an executive style passat cc yesterday in Milton Keynes it had the blacked out windows in the rear and it had the led day running lights with led on the back. Unfortunately the car was moving at the time so I did not see what the wheels was to confirm it.

Steve.