PDA

View Full Version : Newly Purchased 2005 A4 B7 2.0D S-Line

IrishLad
07-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Hi All,
I have joined the club after getting the A4.
And have 2 questions/issues I hope people can help with.

Firstly its the cars idle, it drives perfect and gives good MPG, but when sitting idle its rough and feels like its the engine is skipping, has anyone had this before?
The rough idle is enough for people to notice and comment when in the car, but had the car checked and the computer said there was no issues, which was all that I had checked so far.

Secondly the car had a Symphony II radio with BOSE, but teh radio was broke so we've replaced wit with an after market Pioneer and it works fine using teh correct adapters.
But the radio reception (FM) is almost useless, I have tried combining the 2 inputs from the diversity antenna, put an inline amp on the aerial input (make a slight improvment).
Is there any solutions (adapters etc...) that can take the 2 inputs and make a single input for an aftermarket to give good FM reception, so should I look at a sharkfin aerial or something else?
(The diversity aerial on the back window seems like an over engineered idea).

Thanks

Alan02
07-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi, I can`t comment on the radio issue, but the rough Idle may be a Dual mass Flywheel issue. You dont say what you have used to read any DTC but some scanners will not show a current fault. It would be best to check this out first as flywheel may not be the cause, but it can give a rough idle when worn.

IrishLad
07-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, the errors where read using a Bosch KTS650, so not sure if that would pick up the error.
The Dual Mass FlyWheel, would that only vibrate when the engine is idle, and would it be a known issue? Assuming thats the problem it sounds like an expensive repair to remove and replace a flywheel, thanks?

Radio question is still open :)

Alan02
08-05-2014, 12:06 PM
As the Flywheel RPM is monitored by the Speed sensor, any fluctuations in RPM will be picked up and could cause a problem. Also, a failing flywheel can also cause the engine to be un-balanced at idle.
Radio.. I`m sure there is a signal amplifier in-line from aerial.

slippyr4
08-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Mine misses very slightly at idle. I'm told it's a common thing. Never had an engine related fault on VCDS and I don't believe there to be anything wrong with the DMF. Mine is a BRE engine (a TDI 140 model)