PDA

View Full Version : coil spring broken

Nicksluck
05-05-2014, 07:08 PM
On a recent trip to Germany, whilst driving in town with 3 of us in the car, no luggage, rear offside coil spring broke at low speed on a smooth road ! the bottom circle of the spring was 20 ft back on the road. car was drivable very carefully to a garage. As this happened on sat lunchtime, every garage is shutting until monday as nothing opens in Germany on a sunday. Audi garage on mon morning said it would be 2 or 3 days to gat new springs !! no help at all. Went to other garages without sucess and ended up at ATU which is the same as Quickfit over here. They got the springs next dat and had them fitted by 12 on Tues. Only a day late ! Took broken springs to Audi in York on return, they said it looked like a defect so have sent them to audi. hoping for some sort of goodwill as car is sept 08. anyone else had this ?

zollaf
05-05-2014, 07:10 PM
springs break, fact of life. your car is 6 years old, why do you think audi would be interested ?

passman
06-05-2014, 10:10 AM
I had a broken rear spring on my A4 Quattro but put it down to potholes. Repaired by local Indy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk